Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry Mare's Leg .44MAG Non-Restricted IN STOCK

Good point on the trijicon. Don't usually think of them for red dots, even though I have a 1-4 red triangle on my AR. Want something way smaller than that though, hence the thoughts running to the T1, but will hit the trijicon site for some insight. How's the recoil compared to a 12g? I understand the shotgun push vs sharp center fire impact, but want something she can fire comfortably for the exact reasons you stated: if she likes it and isn't afraid she'll shoot it more, be more comfortae with it, and it will be more instinctive if the time comes. I have a 6.5" S and W .44 revolver that she did NOT enjoy shooting. Handled it fine, but sure as hell didn't like it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    Good point on the trijicon. Don't usually think of them for red dots, even though I have a 1-4 red triangle on my AR. Want something way smaller than that though, hence the thoughts running to the T1, but will hit the trijicon site for some insight. How's the recoil compared to a 12g? I understand the shotgun push vs sharp center fire impact, but want something she can fire comfortably for the exact reasons you stated: if she likes it and isn't afraid she'll shoot it more, be more comfortae with it, and it will be more instinctive if the time comes. I have a 6.5" S and W .44 revolver that she did NOT enjoy shooting. Handled it fine, but sure as hell didn't like it.
    you can have brake drilled in that would tame the bite
    I have worked in the bush all my life and I dont like shotguns I'm a rifle guy
    I realy like handling SBR wish we had moor in lever and bolt actions to pick from that would be NR
    wen shoting for fun have her shoot 44 sp and save the magnums for wen its called for in the bush
    you can go to a 357 wich is the bare minamum for griz bear sbr rifle and have her play with the 38s for fun
    love my SBR mares leg in 357 it's a joy to shoot she would love shooting it the 38s out of 12 barrel is sweet vary low recoil and just a pop insted of a big bang
    Last edited by carverk; 11-10-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    you can have brake drilled in that would tame the bite
    I have worked in the bush all my life and I dont like shotguns I'm a rifle guy
    I realy like handling SBR wish we had moor in lever and bolt actions to pick from that would be NR
    wen shoting for fun have her shoot 44 sp and save the magnums for wen its called for
    you can go to a 357 wich is the minamum you would wont for grizly bear sbr rifle and have her play with the 38s for fun
    love my SBR mares leg in 357 it's a joy to shoot you both would love shooting it
    Have a marlin ss .357 carbine that she really likes shooting, but barrel is too long for her to be packing around all day. Not convinced .357 is enough for bear either. Good point on the brake, didn't think of that either. Combined with a recoil pad should be manageable. Do you know if Henry sells their full stocks? Couldn't find anything online but had heard they did. Was going to send them an email but they're hurtin from Sandy, so will try in a week or so.

Chiappa makes a mares lag/stock combo one a ML pistal grip the other a full stock plus it a take down
    with the take down you can swich out the barrels 45colt 357/38sp 44/44sp cant wate for Wanstalls get sum of them in

[QUOTE=mr.fatstacks;7878070]Have a marlin ss .357 carbine that she really likes shooting, but barrel is too long for her to be packing around all day. Not convinced .357 is enough for bear either. Good point on the brake, didn't think of that either. Combined with a recoil pad should be manageable. Do you know if Henry sells their full stocks? Couldn't find anything online but had heard they did. Was going to send them an email but they're hurtin from Sandy, so will try in a week or so.[/QUOhenry
    the henry stock is hard to get and it dont fit the mares lag you can make a spacer for it or make a old henry big boy stock fit it if you are luck and find one

[/QUOhenry
    the henry stock is hard to get and it dont fit the mares lag you can make a spacer for it or make a old henry big boy stock fit it if you are luck and find one[/QUOTE]
    The Henry stock didn't fit the Henry mares leg or another brand? I've been given the impression that the Henry mares leg and the Henry big boy use identical recievers. Am I mistaken?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.fatstacks View Post
    [/QUOhenry
    the henry stock is hard to get and it dont fit the mares lag you can make a spacer for it or make a old henry big boy stock fit it if you are luck and find one
    The Henry stock didn't fit the Henry mares leg or another brand? I've been given the impression that the Henry mares leg and the Henry big boy use identical recievers. Am I mistaken?[/QUOTE]

your right but thy make it so its not a quick fit but it cant be that hard to make it work

Did carveks school burn down or what?

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Welcome to cgn, great first post!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12