Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Bad experience at epps.........to be continued?????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    I have been a past customer with neutral experiences..., after reading these posts, I will send my business to tac imports or wolverine....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canadaman30's Avatar
    Buying a new firearm with a 1-2year warranty IMO is up to the place of purchase to deal with the manufacturers warranties seeing as the store is selling the product. I've dealt with other store's over warranty, and the store took the gun back and got it fixed in a timely fashion or offered a refund if fix would be prolonged. Different experience at Epp's, purchased a new firearm through mail order. Wrong gun was shipped, I had to paying for return shipping, next gun the proper gun was faulty. Epps wanted nothing to do with it, I was left to deal with the problem myself. That was my first and last purchase. I shop elsewhere, where I'm treated like a customer that will want to return for future purchases. There's no such thing as a "monopoly" as mail-order can be had from around the country. When I buy a truck I take it back to the dealer I purchased it from for warranty, not told to call GM and deal with the problem on my own. The day that happens I will shop elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by canadaman30 View Post
    Buying a new firearm with a 1-2year warranty IMO is up to the place of purchase to deal with the manufacturers warranties seeing as the store is selling the product. I've dealt with other store's over warranty, and the store took the gun back and got it fixed in a timely fashion or offered a refund if fix would be prolonged. Different experience at Epp's, purchased a new firearm through mail order. Wrong gun was shipped, I had to paying for return shipping, next gun the proper gun was faulty. Epps wanted nothing to do with it, I was left to deal with the problem myself. That was my first and last purchase. I shop elsewhere, where I'm treated like a customer that will want to return for future purchases. There's no such thing as a "monopoly" as mail-order can be had from around the country. When I buy a truck I take it back to the dealer I purchased it from for warranty, not told to call GM and deal with the problem on my own. The day that happens I will shop elsewhere.
    By no mean I am trying to defend Epps, i went twice in 15 years and that place is not for me.
    However GM dealer is in the bussiness to repair cars, that is how they make their $$$, however any gun store out there unless they are a repair centre for a particular brand, well it will be up to you to send your gun to the warranty centre.
    It is that simple, any gun store out there make 20-25% profit on a gun, some choose to make 15-20%, some customers have great expectations from gun stores up there.

The internet is your best friend, google and read reviews, you get what you pay for, Quality control in the past 5 years with the major manufacturer , went down the drain.
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    I should have posted a few days ago, but been sick with a bad cold Anyhow, it cycles just fine - VERY nice gun. Maybe the nicest fit and finished "out of the box" gun I have ever purchased. I can now HIGHLY recommend the miroku-made winchester 92's through Epps if you are in the market for a pistol-cal lever gun.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789