Thanks from a new Stag owner!

jimbo14

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Everyone remembers their first AR-15 and this is mine. :cool: I received my new Stag 2T-R yesterday (inv 2618) and have cleaned it and checked it out. The parts are machined perfectly and the fit is solid. Nice! My wife called it "beautiful". :) Got my reg cert in the mail today and I'll be taking it to the range tomorrow. This particular range is a pistol calibre only range so I'll start off with the CMMG .22LR kit I bought at the same time. I just checked it out and it fits perfect. No need to alter the mag like the instructions said I might.

Here it is with a Hi-Lux CMR scope and Harris bipod. I love it!

Stag2T-R.jpg

Thanks again from a very happy customer. :)

Went to the indoor range last night and had a blast! The CMMG .22LR kit worked great with bulk 525 pack of Federal HV ammo. Only had one FTE (and it almost made it out) in about 300 rounds. Now I'm really looking forward to getting out to a full sized range to shoot .223. I love the rifle! :)

Agreed.. its beautiful.. did I read it right that you were using 0.22LR? can 0.223 taking 0.22LR ammo? I am new in AR stuff..
Thanks. Yup, I was using .22LR with the appropriate conversion kit and it works. Not the best accuracy, mind you. :) The 1/7 twist of the barrel is made for longer bullets, not the itty-bitty .22LR ones. I don't think I care enough to buy a dedicated .22LR upper.

Here's a link to the CMMG kit I bought from Arms East:
http://www.armseast.com/store/ar15_...inless_steel_.22lr_conversion_with_26rnd_mag/

btw, the pic on the website is old. They carry the new version of the kit.

CMMG_22.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, still shopping around for my first. Probably going to go with DD myself though. But the next important question to ask with regards to your AR. . . how many rounds of .223 do you have on the way already?

Thanks guys. :)

Nice, still shopping around for my first. Probably going to go with DD myself though. But the next important question to ask with regards to your AR. . . how many rounds of .223 do you have on the way already?

I have 3000 rounds already in the house. Should keep me going for a little bit. :)

The rifle range I belong to is an hour beyond the pistol range so that's why I bought the .22 kit. It allows me to play a little bit closer to home.

Back
Top Bottom