A must read for HST, PST, GST on all firearms and accessories

Not sure where else to ask this question so I'll ask it here.

Do I pay GST on the amount that the rifle is in US dollars or the price that it winds up being after the currency exchange to Canadian?

I'm looking to import a Desert Tech rifle and I am trying to figure out final costs.

Has this changed? I am pretty sure if your province that you live in charges HST they have to legally charge HST if you purchase something.

CAN is 76 cents to USD, so add approximately 24% to the USD pricing on the site.
So 24% exchange + importation fee + shipping + 5% tax.

I wouldnt want to start dealing with provincial governments collecting taxes. THey are like pitbulls when remittance is due. If your late they beat you severly. If your late again the not only beat you, but they beat your bank account. Dont ask if you do it a third time. Who would want to be a tax collector for governments. In the end those greedy bastards make more profit than the retailer does, and they dont do a God Damn thing to deserve it. They aint there when items get lost in the mail. THey aint there when your new stuff aint right or broken. THey aint there till midnight trying to figure out how to stay in business.

Not sure where else to ask this question so I'll ask it here.

Do I pay GST on the amount that the rifle is in US dollars or the price that it winds up being after the currency exchange to Canadian?

I'm looking to import a Desert Tech rifle and I am trying to figure out final costs.

Does it make a difference?

5% GST on $100 USD item would be USD $5 (CAD $6.5)

or if converted into CAD $100 USD would be $130 CAD hence GST would be $6.5 CAD

Obviously someone find post count important enough to post a nice picture.

On a side note there were some folks answering questions from back in Oct.
Seriously... why is this such a big deal?

So what if this is an older thread? That's the point... he is asking if anything has changed in the time since the thread started.

How would you suggest he go about this, without all the 'necro-thread' nonsense?

I see now...

"The website will update your account status once everything has been processed. At that time you will be asked to log into your account and pay the balance of the GST and Canadian shipping."

I see now...

"The website will update your account status once everything has been processed. At that time you will be asked to log into your account and pay the balance of the GST and Canadian shipping."

So i'm just waiting for them to reach out on this part right? No action needed on my part for now?

4vanbid.png

v4F03vs.png

Back
Top Bottom