Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A must read for HST, PST, GST on all firearms and accessories

.... I HATE that stupid title transfer tax! Highway robbery, even for Off Highway Vehicles!!!
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 09outlander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyOnes View Post
    How about payin PST On used vehicles just because they transferred titles?
    That has to be against the law, but somehow bc gets away with it
    I bought a car in QC last year, I had to pay taxes on the car in QC, pay taxes again when I registered it in Ontario and had to fill out a form for QC saying I paid the taxes in Ontario so QC could refund me the taxes I paid there.
    Come for the guns, stay for the tinfoil
    Member: CSSA

Dunnville Hunters and Anglers, we are accepting new members
    www.dunnvillehuntersandanglers.ca

Sorry! It might be the wrong place to ask this question....I am living in BC and I have a U.S. Dollar Visa card. Can I pay you with my US dollar Visa card directly? If yes, how? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by bushidoc View Post
    Sorry! It might be the wrong place to ask this question....I am living in BC and I have a U.S. Dollar Visa card. Can I pay you with my US dollar Visa card directly? If yes, how? Thank you!
    This will only save you the US to CAD conversion (which is quite a bit depending on which regular/premium card you have). You can use it as freely as any other card, use that for the USD portion of the payment and a regular Canadian card for the GST + Shipping in Canada for maximum effect.
    Check other started threads for combo deals

Great! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Razer View Post
    This will only save you the US to CAD conversion (which is quite a bit depending on which regular/premium card you have). You can use it as freely as any other card, use that for the USD portion of the payment and a regular Canadian card for the GST + Shipping in Canada for maximum effect.
    amazon.ca has a VISA card with no conversion+2.5% fees. The 2.5% is regardless of the card you have. It's a flat rate for all banks.

BANNED
    well that 5% has me becoming a IRG customer,,,i hate taxes,,paying money to a government that does nothing for us except WASTE our money doesn't deserve a red cent of my money,,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Do taxes ever go down?

Steve
    Well yes and no, Harper dropped 2% of fed tax a couple years ago but our provincial NDP govt. at the time thought it was a good idea to add 2% provincial tax on the very same day, they are no longer in power!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hootguy View Post
    well that 5% has me becoming a IRG customer,,,i hate taxes,,paying money to a government that does nothing for us except WASTE our money doesn't deserve a red cent of my money,,
    I agree 100%. I work 10 hours per day and almost half of that gets taken by them already. Then from whatever remains, 13% of it goes on anything I buy. And there are the taxes on gas, property and anything you can think off. They have the most creative minds in the world working around the clock to create new ways of taxing. Special environment taxes for buying my mouse and keyboard - really?
    Swiss Arms PE-90. Owner

Are we taxed the 5% GST on used firearms manufactured in the U.S. and purchased from third-parties where IRG is ONLY facilitating the transfer and export?

I hope we aren't taxed on items not purchased through IRG, but rather using them as a service provider instead!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast