A must read for HST, PST, GST on all firearms and accessories

IRUNGUNS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
187   0   0
IRUNGUNS has had numerous inquiries as to the tax implications/process in different provinces. We took it seriously and here is the skinny.....

As all of your purchases are through our US company IRUNGUNS LLC and only the brokerage and shipping are through our Canadian company IRUNGUNS INC there will be no other taxes charged other than GST as the firearm enters AB. Your purchases through IRUNGUNS are HST and PST exempt which also includes shipping. We have clarified and verified this information.

IRUNGUNS
Let the fun begin.....

Last edited:
When i pay less taxes, i feel good and got an urge to shop some more... JP.

Yup.

This is of particular importance to those of us in Ontario.

5% GST only vs 13% Ontario sales tax makes a big difference on a high-end gun.

Yup.

This is of particular importance to those of us in Ontario.

5% GST only vs 13% Ontario sales tax makes a big difference on a high-end gun.

14.5% in Quebec for some dealers ( some still only charge 5% GST, they do see alot of business from me) and if you get it here... JP.

14.5% in Quebec for some dealers ( some still only charge 5% GST, they do see alot of business from me) and if you get it here... JP.

Its actually 14.975%....Quebec further harmonized the TVQ on Jan 1, 2013 and part of that was the removal of the GST from the TVQ base (previously, the TVQ applied on top of the GST). To ensure Quebec wouldn't lose money, they increased the provincial component of the new 'hst' rate

Its actually 14.975%....Quebec further harmonized the TVQ on Jan 1, 2013 and part of that was the removal of the GST from the TVQ base (previously, the TVQ applied on top of the GST). To ensure Quebec wouldn't lose money, they increased the provincial component of the new 'hst' rate

Do taxes ever go down? :(

Steve

Do taxes ever go down? :(

Steve

They are going down in Nova scotia... this year and next. Will eventually be at 13%. The feds also reduced the GST years ago, used to be 7%.

BC also deharmonized their HST, but that really only reduced taxes for the service sector.

Overall tax revenues and expenditures go up and down depending on how fiscally responsible governments are....but in my experience, the one thing that NEVER goes down is the size of government.

Does this apply to orders from both the Canadian and US site or just the US site? Looking to buy two guns, but you have one on the Canadian and the other is on your US site.

Edit: oops they are both on the CA site but only one on the COM site.
Ian

Last edited:
Does this apply to orders from both the Canadian and US site or just the US site? Looking to buy two guns, but you have one on the Canadian and the other is on your US site.

Ian

They both will end up on the canadian side, so taxes should be the same... JP.

When I moved from BC to AB that was the first huge difference I noticed going from 12% to 5%, makes quite a difference when you start making some hefty purchases.

Originally Posted by Onagoth
Do taxes ever go down?

Steve

Haha...good one! Nothing ever goes down in Quebec exept what is left in our pockets...

All sales, even firearms purchased from the Canadian website, are originated from the US company (that is why you fill out an import form for every firearm even the ones on the .ca site). This means there is only 5% GST charged on all purchases either from www.irunguns.ca or www.irunguns.ca

Steve

Back
Top Bottom