Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Unissued Russian SKS

Expired Business Member

Unissued Russian SKS

I want to hear people opinion on what is classified us unissued SKS. I want to hear an opinion on Russian SKS please.
    The reason I am asking it to you people because I just received a shipment of SKS that were never issued to soldiers. Were stored in Arms depots for a long time and checked every 5 years of so. Years of SKS that dominate this shipment are 1954, 1955 , 1956 which is rare for collectors point of view. No Refurbished mark <> on those that I posted online recently for those who wanted not refurbished please go online and check those out.
    I also have original 1949 SKS which do not have any refurbed marks.
    Please I do not classify something unissued unless I hear from you guys. I know they were never issued to anyone

Thanx everyone.

Al

If they were never issued, and remained stored for their lifetimes, I would classify them as "new, unissued". Just like the Chinese SKS's CanAm and Marstar have.

You could also use the phrase "new old stock" (NOS). If they were handled when checked then "new old stock, unissued, may have handling marks" would probably cover all the bases.

CGN Regular
    if the only "action" those SKSs saw is regular inspections (which i am sure are a common practice for any long term military storage),
    they definitely should be classified as UNISSIED.

Awesome...you really have some beauties. Im still waiting for my PAL, therefore, please don't sell them all!

Peace,
    NFA member

Pound of Fire
    Super Moderator
    Stevo said it perfectly!

Cheer
    Jay
    Wing Nut

"No man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fireball's Avatar
    Are these unissued ones for sale yet?
    NFA CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    To me an unissued will be Russian Ruby Red in color,have a gold colored bayonet,nothing X'd out on stock,with all numbers matching,all stamps and the cartouches around the cross bolt will be struck through the shellac and be nice and crisp,bolt head will be shiney with no marks,hammer will be fully blued.

so the 1949 no xxxx on the stock all matching numbers spike bayonet......how much couldnt see on your site

CGN Ultra frequent flyer DJdeadlyDALEK's Avatar
    He told me $500 for the 1949 one's via e-mail

Check my latest started threads for current firearms up for sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    If they were never issued, and remained stored for their lifetimes, I would classify them as "new, unissued". Just like the Chinese SKS's CanAm and Marstar have.

You could also use the phrase "new old stock" (NOS). If they were handled when checked then "new old stock, unissued, may have handling marks" would probably cover all the bases.
    I find your statement clear and concise not much to be left open to interpretation. "New is New and Used is Used". It does not matter if a product has been manufactured 60 years ago and put into storage or 2 weeks ago it is still new. I find it strange that Westrifle the Russian SKS experts would have to ask the general public what "New/Unissued" means, when they are the experts. Why dosent Westrifle just sell their rifles either "New" or "Used" then all the confusion goes away.

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast