Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Savage Model 42 c.22/.410 O/U Rifle/Shotgun

UPDATE...I ultimately sent my 42 in to Savage for service. I just couldn't get the rear sight to adjust low enough to have a sight picture at 25 yards (the useful range with these sights)
    I was told they found a burr and sent it to the gunsmith had resighted it and it was returned to me. No charge for this.
    It is no better than before. 25 shots at 25 yards all 6 inches high with 6 oclock hold!
    I will be contacting Savage again. This is just not acceptable to have a close range gun like this that can't be aimed inside 50 yards.
    I'll post with Savages response.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    These will also be coming along in about 2 months in the 22 WMR.
    Any news yet? Its been 8 months since, and I am curious if there is anyway of getting ahold of a Savage rep and finding out when the .22WMR will be available. The phone number on there site is a 1-800 number and takes you to a call centre where nobody knows. Lol.
    I'm not trying to poke at you. Just excitted for a new rifle.
    -SideBurnz-

Quote Originally Posted by S1de8urnz View Post
    Any news yet? Its been 8 months since, and I am curious if there is anyway of getting ahold of a Savage rep and finding out when the .22WMR will be available. The phone number on there site is a 1-800 number and takes you to a call centre where nobody knows. Lol.
    I'm not trying to poke at you. Just excitted for a new rifle.
    Also very interested

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    No sign of the 22 WMR.

I gave up on the sights and got a bushnell red dot (love it). I thought my problems were solved and enjoyed about 250 rounds of fairly accurate shooting, but, I have experienced yet another problem. The barrels twisted. I thought the red dot got bumped but when I shot the .410 it was off the other way. Sure enough the barrels had gotten twisted. I'm not sure how, but the barrel band was loose enough I could twist them back by hand. This gun is a big disappointment. I was able to straighten them adequately and tighten up the barrel band. We'll see how long it holds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Can this gun be broken down into 2 pieces? Ive wanted one of these for a while but want it as a backpack gun and if it cant be easily broken down theres really no point in getting rid of my tuffy.
    No it's not easy to do that stopped me from buying 1 then the extractor is plastic... (well not plastic but plastic like material) There are allot of plastic/polymer parts on this firearm that's why I said no thanks it just seems like it would be very easy to break.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345