Thumbs down to Marstar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have ordered a few firearms from Marstar and had no problems what so ever.Was only about $23 bucks delivery for each purchase. I thought that was pretty good for a rifle and accessories.If you just call em up they will tell you what the shipping price will be. Don't be lazy,nobody is too busy to make a phone call.

I will always recommend Marstar to people.The iron clad Marstar guarantee is another bonus.

I would highly recommend wolverine supply or frontier firearms . I love these shops and am always pleased . Pleasant to talk to , helpful , courteous and fast .

Had the run around a couple times from marstar, went somewhere else. Got my gear at the same price without the head ache.

Purchased a Norc 45acp. Wanted two tone. Received blued. Called them up and they were going to swap out but since paperwork etc was going to be a PIA I suggested a compromise which was agreeable. They made good on it and I was content.

Ive learned with companies that barely have a web presence like Marstar is that they are old school so dont even try email. Phone if you have a problem. My experience is that they will make good.

Purchased a Norc 45acp. Wanted two tone. Received blued. Called them up and they were going to swap out but since paperwork etc was going to be a PIA I suggested a compromise which was agreeable. They made good on it and I was content.

Ive learned with companies that barely have a web presence like Marstar is that they are old school so dont even try email. Phone if you have a problem. My experience is that they will make good.

Yea I have had unanswered emails form them. For a online service that doesn't have time to answer emails for buyers, I dont have time to buy from them (again).
Also, generally when ordering online, your shipping quote will be provided before the final step of buying, not in marstars case. But Im sure if you didnt bother doing anything online, and just phoned in the first place it would be ok, clearly old school as stated above.

Placed a quite large order on them in February this year. Guys were extremely collaborative. They offered very reasonable shipping price to Toronto for both firearms and ammo. Everything was well packed and appeared in new or as described condition. I always called them, didn't even bother with email.
I will gladly buy from them again.

BUNNY;
Here we go again with a "no name" complaint so we can't trace anything....

We refused to take back two Mauser which were not satisfactory ?? There has to be more to it than that, let me have a name so we can examine that file....

As for the Pedersoli you state " the gun came completely unprotected and had been sliding around in a cheap "Marstar" hard case and the stock but stock was broken"

That is strange indeed, we have shipped several thaousand rifles in our "cheap cases", by the way this is a free bonus to the customer, we have only experienced two damaged guns, in both incidents Canada Post had crushed them, why did you not simply return the gun to us ?? We would have replaced it under warranty and taken on the carrier for the damage....

You further state "Pedersoli ships the guns with the stocks off and a letter explaining that it is to prevent the stocks from breaking during shipping."

How did you arrive at this conclusion ? We have received a few thousand guns from Pedersoli over the years, we have NEVER received any that were not assembled....

"I contacted Marstar, but long story short I repaired and refinished the stock myself. I don't know if there will be a third purchase. "
Why would you repair it when you could have obtained a brand new one at NO charge to yourself ?? Are you not aware of our warranty policy ??
I look forward to your e mail so we can clear this up john@marstar.ca

John

Laugh2

Bunny just got pwned.

like so many here did mention it already, give them a call, it's free and it works!

Marstar is one of the better dealers on this site (and there are less than a handful).
It is my experience, that they stand behind the products they sell, and if there is an issue they will make it good.
But again you will have to contact them (phone), and there are better methods to get their attention, without engaging in a Marstar flaming thread.

First time I tried to deal with them turned out to be my last

I see by John's replies why it was my last time. Just a whole lot more attitude and sarcasm then I need to hear.

Graydog

I see by John's replies why it was my last time. Just a whole lot more attitude and sarcasm then I need to hear.

Graydog

Actually same here, asked a reasonable question, john answered with some words in BOLDED CAPS and a bunch of sentences ended with"..." Like my question was an inconvenience, order from Frontier and Wolverine and One shot tactical and Mystic precision and have never had an issue!

Marstar never gave me any problems and I've ordered from them quite a few times over the years. Marstar deserves much credit for helping gun owners get through the 90's. Anti-gun crazy times.

Graydog

^^^this...arrogants abounds. I'm not a fan. After an attempt to monopolize a market for a certain pistol fell through, he starts a thread telling all how we're going to get hose'd if we buy the pistol from the now distributor because he would have done better. Like I said, not a fan and yes, I have purchased from him before...but will no longer due to this sort of nonsense.

X3... had a simple question about the color of the blueing on a 1911 part because the picture on there web site did it no justice,...wanted to make sure it would match the color of my 1911, what did i get? a smart ass reply saying it all looks the same and not to compare there products to others.... and with that responce i went to brownells and bought a far superior product and shipping was only 7 bucks... i wonder with the size of brownells if they lie about what a package is to get cheaper shipping... hmmmm, highly doubt it... and if your going to call out companies for doing this i would like to hear who they are and what they have to say about your accusations...

On a side note the part brownells shipped me was a little dinged up on one side what they do? Sent me a new one in under a week, at 0 cost to me, and told me to keep the old part as a spare, well hello customer service...

I ordered some parts from Marstar before.. the parts were questionable and the service on the phone was VERY rude. At the time, I did not know much about Carcano rifles... I had dial-up and loading diagrams etc was a nightmare. I was told "We will look this up for you this time but if you are going to call again, do your homework" in a very rude tone as if they didn't have time to deal with my measly 30$ order... Frontier, Wolverine... Blueline... Tac Imports, Tac Ord...Canada Ammo... so many MUCH better dealers to choose from.

You guys realize that taxes are not set by corporations right? im only saying if your trying to save on taxes do research on where the company you are buying from is, and also make sure the tax savings is greater then the cost of shipping.

You guys realize that taxes are not set by corporations right? im only saying if your trying to save on taxes do research on where the company you are buying from is, and also make sure the tax savings is greater then the cost of shipping.

Fyi Its not where they are, its the province your in that matters...

I ordered no1 mk3 parts were told they were in stock they took my credit card info told me 2 weeks 6 months later nothing after calling several times i was told "sorry we havent sorted the sea container yet second time was when they were selling no4 mk1 wood from greece advertized as in new unused condition both me and my buddy ordered some at the same time were told they were in stock i got mine he didnt they told him they were out of stock and when i got mine the stock looked as if they had been buried on a corpse for 60 plus years and had deep dirty cracks i asked for an exchange and now everytime i email him for parts he ignores my emails but replies to my friends on a sunday when theyre not even open instead i got a reply a month and a half later when i had already sourced parts. On the plus side i have had good service before hand on enfield stuff and mg barrels just needs better comms in my opinion.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom