Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: MSAR Clear AR mags in stock

Doesn't seem to be the rivet. A mag with 5 rounds won't even seat at all with the bolt closed. When bolt is open it needs to be jammed. Its the same with all 6 mags I got.
    I don't think these mags will be ending pmag monopoly in Canada anytime soon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Best to look for mags that are pinned to 5.5 rounds.

Read that Canada Ammo has the 10 rounders pinned to 10.5 rounds. And Questars are pinned to 10 rounds.

I have D&H mags that will not seat on a closed bolt. So pinned to 5 rounds. Not 5.5 rounds.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

I am thinking that a simple fix might involve a belt sander, and a re-rivet job to 5.5.

CGN frequent flyer sparkymacker's Avatar
    Yeah you would think a little common sense would work better than angst on the internet. I have Pmags that don't drop free either; so I was not too concerned when I noticed that with the ones I bought. If it warms up a bit I will take them out to the range and see how they feed.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    I am thinking that a simple fix might involve a belt sander, and a re-rivet job to 5.5.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkymacker View Post
    Yeah you would think a little common sense would work better than angst on the internet. I have Pmags that don't drop free either; so I was not too concerned when I noticed that with the ones I bought. If it warms up a bit I will take them out to the range and see how they feed.
    Well now there's info out there for people to make a informed decision. Not everyone has the capability/time/interest to sand and re-rivet each mag. I have Pmags that don't drop free either, big deal. For me its about getting it seated in the gun.

CGN frequent flyer sparkymacker's Avatar
    Yes, I was speaking more to the mags not dropping free as I have not tried mine with live ammo yet. Supposed to start to warm up tomorrow so I will take an AR and all of the ones I bought out to the range for a test. The not dropping free is not a big deal for me either, but interested to see about the feeding issue. I will report back with my findings.....

Quote Originally Posted by sTraTz View Post
    Well now there's info out there for people to make a informed decision. Not everyone has the capability/time/interest to sand and re-rivet each mag. I have Pmags that don't drop free either, big deal. For me its about getting it seated in the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkymacker View Post
    Yes, I was speaking more to the mags not dropping free as I have not tried mine with live ammo yet. Supposed to start to warm up tomorrow so I will take an AR and all of the ones I bought out to the range for a test. The not dropping free is not a big deal for me either, but interested to see about the feeding issue. I will report back with my findings.....
    Good luck! I hope they feed well

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Best to look for mags that are pinned to 5.5 rounds.

Read that Canada Ammo has the 10 rounders pinned to 10.5 rounds. And Questars are pinned to 10 rounds.

I have D&H mags that will not seat on a closed bolt. So pinned to 5 rounds. Not 5.5 rounds.
    fyi -
    i have Questar LAR pistol mags from last year, they will go in on closed bolt (and more on order)
    i have can ammo lar mags on order, so ill let you know how that goes
    i have D&H mags...they will load on closed bolt. closer to being pinned at the 5.8 round point actually, and it is stamped on the mag "5 rounds only"

now with the LAR mags ive heard with the ranger plate i will only be able to load to 9 rounds and i dont want to sand the follower incase i switch to a joiner or go back to standard bases for whatever reason..i just dont want to end up with a 11 round mag thats prohibited.
    ill see if i can sand the ranger plates to let the follower go down low enough to 10 rounds.

i was going to order the mags from dlask, but didnt.. if someone in gta is ordering and wants to sell me 1 or 2 mags let me know.
    ----------
    ez8
    ----------

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I sanded mine down and deepened the mag retention slot a tad. Now they drop out freely most of the time. It's a pity about being pinned at 5 versus 5.5. Maybe the importer was scared that some official would manage to squeeze 6 rounds in one and hence seize the whole shipment.

Has anyone noticed that the mag plates seem to be glued as well?

Quote Originally Posted by zupermann View Post
    I sanded mine down and deepened the mag retention slot a tad. Now they drop out freely most of the time. It's a pity about being pinned at 5 versus 5.5. Maybe the importer was scared that some official would manage to squeeze 6 rounds in one and hence seize the whole shipment.

Has anyone noticed that the mag plates seem to be glued as well?
    I think Ill try sanding my down.
    My base plates appear to be glued aswell.

Edit: 30 mins later after standing I can get the mag to seat ok, still wont drop though.
    Last edited by sTraTz; 01-14-2013 at 10:25 PM.