Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Norinco Type 97

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_ns View Post
    I just inquired about this norinco 97 NSR at a retailer and they said the FRT has just been issued as a non restricted. They expect an April delivery.
    When I see an FRT number I'll believe it.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

New Norinco Type 97

Anyone try accessing those FRT?

hes probably full of it ^^ the bs on these spreads like wild fire. ive never heard of a for sure delivery or if even a sample gun is at the rcmp. north sylvia really hasnt told us much

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    curious, is it legal to take a LAR15 handgun mag, 10rd, in the woods hunting with a non restricted .223?

is the mag itself considered "restricted" and only usable at gun clubs?
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianReich View Post
    curious, is it legal to take a LAR15 handgun mag, 10rd, in the woods hunting with a non restricted .223?

is the mag itself considered "restricted" and only usable at gun clubs?
    Still non restricted, mags have nothing to do with the classification of the rifle.

It's still non restricted but provincial hunting laws dictate how many rounds you can take hunting. I believe all provinces are 5 rounds for hunting though

Quote Originally Posted by prevost12 View Post
    It's still non restricted but provincial hunting laws dictate how many rounds you can take hunting. I believe all provinces are 5 rounds for hunting though
    Nope. Only Alberta has a limit of 5 for semi-auto rifles. No limits in Ontario or BC for sure. There are limits on shotguns when hunting migratory birds.
    America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. - Claire Wolfe

Also 5 in manitoba. Anyway, back to topic. Can anyone access the FRT number and verify the earlier post?

Quote Originally Posted by prevost12 View Post
    Also 5 in manitoba. Anyway, back to topic. Can anyone access the FRT number and verify the earlier post?
    I can assure you that someone checks everyday and once there is any info on FRT, we on CGN will likley be the first to know...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CanadianReich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronkytonk View Post
    Still non restricted, mags have nothing to do with the classification of the rifle.

Im worred about the classification of the mag, as a restricted device. (if it were 11 rds it would be a prohibited device)

im not sure where the laws cross over here
    Please ban this account. I've been using it so long, with so many posts and information divulged, I suspect most anyone can tell who I am now. Do I still have my "reasonable expectation of privacy" with this account? Time to move on.