Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: TNW – Tavor – Norinco Type 97

will the type-97 be abidextourus ejection port?
    c.a.s.d. member
    cssa member
    nfa member

The best thing for the inside of a man is the out side of a horse.

This is going to be a rough year for many members' wallets.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    wmay be a silly question, but would the drum be pinned on the ppsh?
    Some mags are exempt from the 5 rd (or 10 rd) limit due to their historical significance like the Lewis and Bren drums, but not the humble PPSh drum. Back in the “good old days” my son would load 71 rds in to the drum of our CA PPSh on the kitchen table, the next day we could drive to the range and he could shoot all morning without reloading. In my opinion the PPSh is a great gun, the original design was simple., a little more complicated in the new TNW sample I handled but still pretty basic. The 7.62 tt is a hot rd but performs badly against steel plates. The new barrels will not be chromed lined. Our old CA PPSh was rusted out but she still shot really good.

Back in the UK at my local range (now I am really winding the clock back) we had a German WW II veteran come down as a guest of one of our members. We were all keen to hear his tales on WW II small arms. All the club members thought the MP38/ MP40 the world’s best SMG, we were surprised when this Eastern Front veteran said they picked up and used the PPSh at every opportunity. Why? He explained it very easily, the Russian gun had increased reliability and firepower and that was most important if you wanted to survive, he did! he went on to say that when eventually the PPSh started to malfunction due to snow, ice, mud or whatever you simply unloaded the gun, opened the action, banged the butt on a tree to shake out the crud and then carried on.

I think the new TNW PPSh will be a lot of fun, strangely she did not look to goofy with the long barrel, she will make a great gun for chasing rabbits in the bush.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    No pre-orders as to many uncertainties at this time. This is a very approx price but I expect the PPSh to be $750-$800 and the MG 34 around $5,000.00 but a lot can change between now and when the guns arrive.
    Wow... why the huge increase for the MG34? Marstar sold those for around $3400 when they last had them, and that included a fair number of accessories too.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar

I think the new TNW PPSh will be a lot of fun, strangely she did not look to goofy with the long barrel, she will make a great gun for chasing rabbits in the bush.
    John, you twisted bastard, now I'm going to have to bleach my brain to get rid of the image of Elmer Fudd packing a papashaw while huntin wabbits. lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Some mags are exempt from the 5 rd (or 10 rd) limit due to their historical significance like the Lewis and Bren drums, but not the humble PPSh drum. Back in the “good old days” my son would load 71 rds in to the drum of our CA PPSh on the kitchen table, the next day we could drive to the range and he could shoot all morning without reloading. In my opinion the PPSh is a great gun, the original design was simple., a little more complicated in the new TNW sample I handled but still pretty basic. The 7.62 tt is a hot rd but performs badly against steel plates. The new barrels will not be chromed lined. Our old CA PPSh was rusted out but she still shot really good.
    Wonder how hard it would be to modify the gun to fit one of those legal drums. Hmmmm
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    Is the aero survival rifle going to be restricted or non-restricted?

BANNED
    Hoooooooooooooooooooooooold on a second.

A non-restricted semi-auto MG34 ??

Want :D
    Last edited by BenL; 12-05-2012 at 10:29 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Wonder how hard it would be to modify the gun to fit one of those legal drums. Hmmmm
    Practically impossibly, the vast majority are in rifle calibres.

MG-34 - YES!
    Definitely a tough year for the wallet.
    Last edited by Picatinny; 12-30-2012 at 04:45 PM.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.