Thread: Going for a quad ride with your shotgun in the Stave Lake restricted shooting area.

Going for a quad ride with your shotgun in the Stave Lake restricted shooting area.

I dont have a hunting licence, I will not be shooting, but thinking of packing my 12 gauge with me for just in case while going for a ride.

Does anyone forsee any problems with this if I were to bump into a CO or RCMP?

Any issues with round capacity, unsure of that also...should mag be plugged to 2 or would it matter?

Thanks

If it's like Ontario, it better not be loaded.
    Legality aside, it's all about intent. Trying to prove that from the back of a cruiser with bracelets on is the hard part. I always advise to err on the side of caution. Best bet would be to ask the RCMP and\or Ministry. Ignorance is not an excuse and showing a CGN post someone wrote saying it was OK is probably not much of a defense.
    The more people i meet, the more i like my dog.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Just askin for a chat with the police are you ....
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    A quad is a vehicle, you cannot have a loaded gun in or even leaning against a vehicle. If you don't have a hunting license and do Shoot something good luck proving that you just happen to be transporting your gun with you but when attacked took it out of the case, loaded it and shot before you had a chance just to drive away from the issue.

The question you just asked is all covered in the hunting course and frankly most of this should have been covered in just your basic PAL course...

Your final question yes if you can't prove target shooting you need to limit to 2 in the tube one in the chamber. Again though you need to unload every time you get on that quad.
    Hearts and Minds; Two best places to shoot
    Fighting in a basement provides challenges, Number 1 your fighting in a basement!

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    Just askin for a chat with the police are you ....
    Rob
    If something goes wrong, ill be looking at about a 35km walk out. I pack some basic items just in case of that and thinking my 12 gauge would come in handy if I ended up in contact with wolf cat or bear.
    Would not have it loaded, shells in pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by foxer2373 View Post
    a quad is a vehicle, you cannot have a loaded gun in or even leaning against a vehicle. If you don't have a hunting license and do shoot something good luck proving that you just happen to be transporting your gun with you but when attacked took it out of the case, loaded it and shot before you had a chance just to drive away from the issue.

The question you just asked is all covered in the hunting course and frankly most of this should have been covered in just your basic pal course...

Your final question yes if you can't prove target shooting you need to limit to 2 in the tube one in the chamber. Again though you need to unload every time you get on that quad.
    The shell restriction is for hunting........he is not hunting so that rule does not apply.

Next.....

Your quad is capable of reaching many areas that are not affected by the 400 meter shooting restrictions........so that is exactly what I would be saying since that is what you are doing........let alone the obvious fact "until loaded and discharged you are transporting a non-restricted firearm" which is no different than driving all the way there from home with an unloaded firearm in your vehicle.

I was all over the Chilliwack Lake Valley just a few days ago and had my XCR-L in my backpack...........hell I didn't see one cop or CO out spreading the word of the new restrictions.

You are fully legal to transport an unloaded firearm through the new closure area as it is the primary access method for reaching areas that are not affected by the new restriction, there are HUNDREDS if not a few thousand off trails that lead to spots that are still perfectly legal to discharge firearms from.

I've been stopped by RCMP for having a visible firearm on me while riding motorcycle through the closed areas and never had one issue so far as transporting is not shooting or hunting and I am on my way well past the closed areas.

Some of you folks are so quick to just bend over and give up when things are still legal.
    Last edited by Grove; 04-27-2017 at 12:30 PM.