Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Website Down

CGN Regular
    you are not alone, mine's down as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by jzz30tt View Post
    Anyone telling you this is either full of it or else has web and dns experience from the 80's. World-wide DNS propagation is no longer a terribly painful thing. I'd be will to help you out if you want. PM me if you'd even just like a second opinion.
    Depends if they have a copy of their database and or web files, or if its being held hostage by their provider. Most if our customers dont take regular backups of their databases, so I can see that slipping through the cracks until its too late. Doing the dns and throwing up a website is easy, less then a day for propagation, rebuilding a site if you dont have the files can be challenging or worse can be repopulating a database and all that takes time. Also issues can arise if the isp isnt giving them access to dns or the domain name registry to change name servers. Im sure they are doing the best they can and if theres anything I can do to help let me know.

Dont worry...if anyone ever says anything even remotely non-complimentary John immediately tries to flame that comment with bold italics...it can be quite entertaining, and, you're right alot of stuff on the website is listed as out of stock and has ben for some time...

Its a shame this problem is still ongoing, as other vendors are now getting my money.

Put a flame (or cannon) under someone's ass John!!!

Good luck!
    Read -> Comprehend -> Post

CGN Regular
    any ETA on the site being up again, John?

Im getting a default webpage now does that mean something is being fixed?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer IronCanadian's Avatar
    [tinfoil]The other possibility being that the web hosting companies server holding your site melted down and they don't have backups and are stalling for time while they attempt recovery.[/tinfoil]

In all seriousness John I hope you get this sorted out soon.
    At some point in their life, everyone will gamble on a fart and lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    johnone: If you want to switch hosts with less than a day of downtime, I can do this for you for minimal cost.
    Not everyday you see people willing to jump on hosting a JSP based site.

You are a brave soul.

Cheers,
    D.

Wow still down. I feel for you man. I was thinking a few days would hurt but this has to be a huge kick in the balls. Not to state the obvious, I just enjoy browsing the site for the new and interesting stuff that Marstar gets in every so often.
    Member;
    CCFR, CSSA, CPC, /G\
    NCR 1st Recon motto "The Last thing You Never See"

I was just about to make my order with marstar but I have to admit my confidence is shaken with this website gong show. They're one step above hosting on geocities or earthlink. A full week of downtime is unacceptable.