Website Down

Everything is fine, just got word back on my order. I'll admit that there was a hint of panic at my end for a while too though!

Good morning to all;

Well not really good, on 12-12-2012 our hosting company advised us that due to the extremely high traffic caused by our numerous customers they would shut down our site after 24 hours should we not take action and "upgrade" the service ($$)

We immediately authorized this upgrade

In the meantime while preparing for the upgrade they shut down our site....

They are beyond incompetent....

We will do our best to have our back up shortly....

As an alternative we ask our customers to make us of our toll free line at 1-888-744-0066

John

Sorry to hear your hosting company is a disaster! If you are looking to make a change, take a look at Leaseweb. Been using them for years and they are very reliable. Best of luck!

Sorry to hear your hosting company is a disaster! If you are looking to make a change, take a look at Leaseweb. Been using them for years and they are very reliable. Best of luck!

Hosting companies have limits and it's up to the site administrator to ensure that they're complying with those limits. If not, then an upgrade is required. Decent* hosting online isn't free!

JERICHO;
I agree with you, hosting is not free....
The present server came highly recommended, they began having issues of late due to our heavy traffic.... Instead of calling r e mailing us they simply shut us down and then explained the problem and that we needed an upgrade....
Money was never the issue, it would have been much more ethical to conatct us and explain the situation, but we found out at the same time as our customers....
Would you beleive that this provider is one of the largest in North America ?
BTW they have not complied with many ofthe terms and conditions of the contract , thats an entire other story
John

You should definitely hold them to their contract if that's the case. Some of these corporations need to be held accountable.

ALL Corporations and ALL people need to be held accountable. There was a time when a person could be taken at their word.

Just a heads up. The Marstar site is still down for me as of 9:30 PM. Here's the error message:

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 DAV/2 mod_jk/1.2.35 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_perl/2.0.6 Perl/v5.8.8 Server at www.marstar.ca Port 80

I've been seeing this message for 2 days now.

Paul

The site may still be down (some hostimg companies are terrible at customer relations.... At least in our company we contact the customer and try to work things out.... Shutting things down is only for those that dont respond). They are still taking orders though. I placed an order via phone and email yesterday and it was shipped out today. Can be reached at 888-744-0066

SHAHAROV;
Thank you for understanding, we will do our best to service all customers who call in....
John

TUCO PIKE;
You sound like you are of the "old school" ....

Like myself you can remember when a person' word was his bond.... Oh well I'm afraid those days are gone....

Years ago I bought a farm on a handshake, papers done 10 days later.... Even in the arms business I can remember doing million dollar purchases on a handshake, not any more....

Have a Merry Christmas, oops, are we still allowed to say that ??
John

I have customers that happened to. They don't exceed storage and it is difficult to determine traffic volume and then BOOM, the host shuts them down. One customer it happened to because a news story came out and it didn't involve them but was a similar name and google kept directing searches to their site instead of the one people were looking for.

Back
Top Bottom