80% 1911 frames

I just bought a 1911 80% out of the states and I just picked up 4 80% AR receiver blanks from CBSA. The Canadian border arrested me thinking I was in possession of prohibited rifle receivers. It took an appeal and 2 years to get the parts back. I'd say it isn't really worth getting them south of the line! The CBSA couldn't find anything on the CFC website covering the definition of an unfinished receiver so they considered it a completed firearm and considered them M-16s!

wow....that really sucks. I wouldn't risk getting them from the US too, there's too many people with no knowlege about firearms and parts to risk getting into trouble

I'm glad you got them back though

it's too bad they're not available in Canada any more

I just bought a 1911 80% out of the states and I just picked up 4 80% AR receiver blanks from CBSA. The Canadian border arrested me thinking I was in possession of prohibited rifle receivers. It took an appeal and 2 years to get the parts back. I'd say it isn't really worth getting them south of the line! The CBSA couldn't find anything on the CFC website covering the definition of an unfinished receiver so they considered it a completed firearm and considered them M-16s!

Someone should offer 80% 1911 frames in Canada again. These are great project guns for the home machinist.

I keep bugging Joe....but I don't think it's gonna happen

I remember the 228 80% frames too. Joe has the leftover build kits to those on his website for sale, as well as the slides

Someone should offer 80% 1911 frames in Canada again. These are great project guns for the home machinist.

Back
Top Bottom