TriStar TEC 12 Pump/Auto 12ga Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, these would be interesting Since we can't have the Benelli M3.

Pictures for those interested:

TEC%2012.jpg

Out of curiosity, why would you want a shotgun that is both semi and pump? As it would be held to the 5shot limit for semi... and looks just like my Weatherby SA 459 which is already in canada. I mean its 95% identical. might be easier to get them to find you the weatherby. :D

I'd want one but TriStar aren't exactly high end so price would have to be in the 870 realm. Likely this would go to the no no list and not be allowed in Canada though. There are a few multi function shotguns prohibd by name already including a franchi SPAS I would sell me liver for.

I'd want one but TriStar aren't exactly high end so price would have to be in the 870 realm. Likely this would go to the no no list and not be allowed in Canada though. There are a few multi function shotguns prohibd by name already including a franchi SPAS I would sell me liver for.

The SPAS-12, SPAS-15 and Benelli M3 are all banned by name. I'm surprised it took so long for someone else to take to pump/semi concept.

The RCMP would really have to stretch the truth beyond anything imaginable to say this is a variant of any of those shotguns.

Wouldn't really have to be a variant to be banned. Just under the precedent that orher, if not ALL other pump/semi shotguns have already been banned. Like I said... I'd give my liver for a Spas15 but its too evil for Canada.

Wouldn't really have to be a variant to be banned. Just under the precedent that orher, if not ALL other pump/semi shotguns have already been banned. Like I said... I'd give my liver for a Spas15 but its too evil for Canada.

That might be the precedent and I can believe the RCMP doing something like that, but nowhere does it say we can't have pump/semi shotguns.

I agree, but I can't think of a single example of a pump/semi that is r prohib. Might be worth investigating. Are there any threads on the topic?

Spas 12 is prohibited by name. As far as I know it is the only one. There is a Beretta that was made and is completely legal but I cant remember the model for the life of me. There are a few kicking around Canada.

If you look closely at the bolt it is an inertia drive system...just like the Benelli. Now take a good look at the forearm and selector/operation switch at the front of the forearm...again Benelli!!! Benelli's patents have expired and this gun appears to be a clone of the M3 Super 90, with a few cosmetic changes, more than anything else. It would be classified as prohibited like the others because of it's dual operating modes even without the M3 Super 90 genes. Stupid laws...I know!

There is a Beretta that was made and is completely legal but I cant remember the model for the life of me. There are a few kicking around Canada.

The Beretta M3P, takes a detachable 5rd mag but is otherwise identical to a Benelli M3 including the top folding stock. Sold mine last summer back to the original owner to finance an M4 Entry. I posted pics of it under the tactical shotgun thread a couple of years ago. And yes, I regret selling it...

The Beretta M3P, takes a detachable 5rd mag but is otherwise identical to a Benelli M3 including the top folding stock. Sold mine last summer back to the original owner to finance an M4 Entry. I posted pics of it under the tactical shotgun thread a couple of years ago. And yes, I regret selling it...

The RCMP didn't consider it an M3 variant? My life's mission now is to find an M3P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom