Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CZ 858 and tabbed bolt

CGN Regular

CZ 858 and tabbed bolt

I checked this rifle in my local store and to my surprise the bolt was not tabbed.
    was the gremlin fixed in some other way? Is gremlin still a problem in those rifles? Thanks.
    It worries me that not enough people worry!

http://youtu.be/DioQooFIcgE

CGN Ultra frequent flyer berger's Avatar
    No telling when that rifle was produced...and I am not 100% certain the 858s were fixes.
    Prost!

Berger

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    They basicly take a bunch of old rifles strip them down for parts and make good newish rifles. It's like a referbused item were it was used then recondition to like new

CGN Regular
    The one i checked in the store was the Canadian model, so it had to be assembled recently albeit possibly from surplus parts.

my cz 858 i just goot from canadaammo wasnt tabbed either

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GQBalla View Post
    my cz 858 i just goot from canadaammo wasnt tabbed either
    Same and mine has gremlin.

Im wondering if the gremlin doesnt have something to do with the use of corrosive ammo and not cleaning the trigger group out completely on a regular basis. Maybe the corrosion exploits a weakness in the design? It didnt show up in my rifle for about 3 years, around the 1500 round mark (with surplus corrosive) Anyways i tabbed my bolt and not one problem since. I did it myself with a MIG welder... Didnt turn out to pretty, but with some dremmeling it looks ok and works perfect. If you take a picture of a tabbed bolt to any good gunsmith they should be able to do it for you, for reasonably cheap too.

If im not mistaken only some of the VZ58's come tabbed, and none of the CZ858's do. But i could be wrong on that

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nmason194 View Post
    Im wondering if the gremlin doesnt have something to do with the use of corrosive ammo and not cleaning the trigger group out completely on a regular basis. Maybe the corrosion exploits a weakness in the design? It didnt show up in my rifle for about 3 years, around the 1500 round mark (with surplus corrosive) Anyways i tabbed my bolt and not one problem since. I did it myself with a MIG welder... Didnt turn out to pretty, but with some dremmeling it looks ok and works perfect. If you take a picture of a tabbed bolt to any good gunsmith they should be able to do it for you, for reasonably cheap too.

If im not mistaken only some of the VZ58's come tabbed, and none of the CZ858's do. But i could be wrong on that
    That seems to be the pattern, the gremlin usually shows up after a 1500 rounds mark. It has to do with dynamics of the moving parts. When the parts get worn in and cycling smooths out, the gremlin pops up.

So i guess it is still there, i just thought maybe they somehow fixed it without adding a tab.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Rick911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nmason194 View Post

Only fired non corrosive. Gremlin appeared after many rounds nothing close to 1500.

Gremlin showed up afer a few dozen rounds for me, I took it back to the store for warranty work and the gunsmith heated and bent the sear to fix it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast