SHOT SHOW 2013: Hogue Configurable AR-15 Handguards

kombayotch

Super Moderator
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Hogue will be releasing a new line of configurable free floating tubular handguards this year. Different style handguard sections are available such as over-molded rubber ones and all aluminum knurled ones that are slotted to accept rails and other accessories.

Hogue1_zps67bc301f.jpg

The handguard consists of a one main section that fastens to the rifle to which various additional sections get threaded onto.

Hogue2_zps51350b58.jpg

The first section has a feature on it that allows it to be timed. The other section seem to be threaded such that they all time to each other.

Hogue3_zpsed3fd8a1.jpg

You can create a handguard that is a long as you desire using the various sections.

Hogue4_zpsba1726d0.jpg

Last edited:
Cosmetics to increase sales that is all it is.

What is the real benefit behind this design??

I guess to be able to change handguard length quickly without having to swap complete handguards. You could have a section with a bipod and laser, unscrew the end piece with them on it and run a lighter setup?

sorry to be a thread necromancer, but does anyone know where these might be purchased in Canada?? I've searched high and low but can't seem to find them anywhere. Figured this might be a decent place to look before going ahead making my own standalone post. any help is much appreciated! :D

Back
Top Bottom