SHOT SHOW 2013: "Tactical" 10/22 Takedown

Is it just me, or is Ruger being very lazy this year. The SR45 is cool, so is the SR1911 commander length, but everything else seems to be an already existing gun, with a flash hider on it. Perhaps it's an FU to the AWB.

Can somebody explain why I would want a flash hider on a 22. I honestly don't get it.

So they can sell it with a threaded barrel .......

Ck out 22lr as the new self defense for the old people in your bug out group ( survival forums )
Ck out the CCI velocitor spear HP designed 1400+ 22lr round .. Carry 1000 rounds easily
Ck out effects of velocitor and CCI stinger 1600+ rounds within a 300 yard radius ..and consider little recoil and 25 round ruger mags not available in Canada ( third party ruger 25 mags can be a hassle ) .....

So this is a bug out version of the 10/22 that will take a can .. Marketed for the US

Personally I'd like to have one with a flash hider on it. People seem to over look that it works great for protecting the crown on the muzzle if the barrel is accidentally buried into something like dirt.

Ruger still has a massive backlog of orders they've been trying to get done for a long time. Stock to Canada is pretty weak, but no need to call ruger lazy. Cool little gun though.

now all they need to do is offer a folding stock for the rear and maybe put some tri-rails on the front part....... at least the folding stock.

Hical offers a replacement 1022 barel clamp that incorporated a picatinee rail on the under side and both sides :) that's what I got on mine. And in my opinion I'd take stainless over blued unless of course it's a nitrate finish.

Cheers

Hical offers a replacement 1022 barel clamp that incorporated a picatinee rail on the under side and both sides :) that's what I got on mine. And in my opinion I'd take stainless over blued unless of course it's a nitrate finish.

Agreed. The original 10/22 Takedown is stainless steel. The new one is alloy. For a bug-out/survival rifle you should be buying stainless. And the aluminum Promag barrel bands are indeed the ticket for a bipod, VTAC 2pt sling and light. My TDs all have them. (The rails are on two sides with a sling mount on the other side.)

http://www.hical.ca/apps/webstore/products/show/2812176
http://www.amazon.com/ProMag-Ruger-Carbine-Tactical-Barrel/dp/B003BAAJVG

The "mod" they do in NZ is take a standard 10-22 barrel, chuck it in the lathe, bore out under the front sight so it's now a sleeve, and part it off. Then turn down the muzzle end of the barrel and slide the front sight back on, but far enough down that you can cut the 1/2 NF threads at the muzzle (and of course recrown the muzzle) so it will accept a suppressor. Of course - it's almost expected that you'll suppress your 22 in New Zealand. How to hold the front sight on? Silver solder, pins, or grub screws?
(Only reason I sold my Rossi .308 before coming back to Canada is it's illegal to own a suppressor in Canada - imagine, hunting with a .308 and not worrying about your hearing...)

Back
Top Bottom