Page 31 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11212324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Jan. 22, 2013 - Blue Line is proud to announce... the MPA-RC 556 Rifle!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    I would be happy with a .223 but ecstatic for a 7.62x39
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by diablo_man View Post
    To those wanting AR fire controls, half the point of trying to get a special version of this gun into canada is so that it is not restricted like the AR, and even the most tenuous link to the AR makes it that much more likely the RCMP would make it restricted, at which point you might as well have an AR.
    I couldn't agree more. From what I can tell this isn't intended to be another AR and, frankly, there are more than enough AR options in Canada. This is an option for people who want to get into the black rifle game and are not necessarily inclined to go to the range. If people are upset because they can't install their AR trigger group in this rifle, they are missing the point.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesT View Post
    I couldn't agree more. From what I can tell this isn't intended to be another AR and, frankly, there are more than enough AR options in Canada. This is an option for people who want to get into the black rifle game and are not necessarily inclined to go to the range. If people are upset because they can't install their AR trigger group in this rifle, they are missing the point.
    This gun makes perfect sense for the Canadian market, the surprise is more in the US were they can lug their ARs around.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesT View Post
    Indeed.

This rifle would lose its edge entirely if it is classed as restricted. I'd just go buy some equally priced Armalite if I wanted to go to the range.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Non-Restricted $1200 - .223, I'm in!
    +1 !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar

UPDATE:Jan.2015

Any sign of an FRT yet
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    The safety rotation will be a deal maker or breaker for me. If the safety rotates the opposite of the AR family of firearms I will pass.

The safety and bolt hold open are what I am waiting to hear more about. Those two items keep me on the fence.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

Take my money now if this is NON-Restricted and $1200.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Yes everyone, lets all say "I will pay $1479064 for a new rifle", the manufacturer and dealers will maximize profit and the user will be left with a cheaper gun.

If the price is $1200, but the gun is not well engineered or built with quality materials, then I do not want one.

It's like walking into a car dealer and saying that the sticker price is a good deal, you lose your bargaining position the second you open your mouth.

Let them release the finished rifle, decide what price they want for it, and pity the morons that overpay for a cheap rifle.

Now if they release a good rifle, well priced, and keep up with demand, I will support that business.

Oh, and one chambered in .308 would be great too :D
    Always outnumbered, never outgunned