Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 122224252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: UPDATE: Jan. 22, 2013 - Blue Line is proud to announce... the MPA-RC 556 Rifle!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Yes everyone, lets all say "I will pay $1479064 for a new rifle", the manufacturer and dealers will maximize profit and the user will be left with a cheaper gun.

If the price is $1200, but the gun is not well engineered or built with quality materials, then I do not want one.
    The point is, AFAIU, the Canadian market needs an entry/mid level, non-restricted, black rifle. Currently, the only real option we have is the SU-16, from Kel-Tec, but very scarce supply. The upper price range is filled with potential option, XCR variants sales for around $2500, a Tavor for $2800. On the restricted side, a Windham Weaponry AR-15 sales for $1200, most AR-15 are below $2000.

My personal upper limit would be around $1500. Anywhere between $1000 and $1500 would be great.

BANNED
    Btw, not sure if it has already been posted, but Sturmgewehre did a quick review during Shot Show:

[youtube]RgFG7esxFS0[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by x0ra View Post
    The point is, AFAIU, the Canadian market needs an entry/mid level, non-restricted, black rifle. Currently, the only real option we have is the SU-16, from Kel-Tec, but very scarce supply. The upper price range is filled with potential option, XCR variants sales for around $2500, a Tavor for $2800. On the restricted side, a Windham Weaponry AR-15 sales for $1200, most AR-15 are below $2000.

My personal upper limit would be around $1500. Anywhere between $1000 and $1500 would be great.
    Exactly. This will be likely hit the market before Armalite ever decides to go ahead with another AR180B type rifle. It also fits perfectly what I'd like to see in a non-restricted "black type rifle". Light weight, AR ergonomics and modularity, and a folding stock. That feature sold me on the design.

I was thinking about getting a ZM upper that would allow the folding stock on one of my ARs but then I'd just end up with another expensive restricted rifle. DON'T WANT.

Let's let this gun make it on the market first and then talk about calibre choices, barrel lengths and the like. From the vids I've seen from Shot it has AR fire controls (much like the AR180B) and if the safety selector rotates differntly I could care less. I want something different and we sure as hell don't need another AR or a super expensive non-restricted like the XCR and others.
    "The greatest evils of the world will not be carried out by men with guns, but by men in suits sitting behind desks. " - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    The safety rotation will be a deal maker or breaker for me.
    Seriously? It's not like it's a car with the pedals reversed. How come this matters?

Revolted
    Hey guys,

I can assure everyone that we are looking at the posts in here and we're gauging levels of interest on certain features including the twist rate of the barrel. Keep in mind though, that as Ryan said earlier, this is the beginning of a very long process, and our primary focus is to get the MPA-RC into Canada with a Non-Restricted certification. At present, we are talking with MPA to design the MPA-RC to suit Canadian firearms law and help ensure a smooth passage through the RCMP certification process. Though the MPA-RC may look similar in some ways to the Leader Dynamics rifle, there is no parts commonality / interchangeability whatsoever between the designs. Think of it like this: the Robinson Arms XCR uses a similar piston and bolt design from the Kalashnikov, but it isn't an AK.

We're doing our best to keep the MSRP within our target of ~$1199.00, but these alterations may affect the price. Every piece of these rifles will be made in-house by MPA specifically for the Canadian market on state-of-the-art CNC machines except the plastic stocks and some springs. From speaking with Ryan and seeing in depth pictures and reviews of the Masterpiece Arms rifle I can assure everyone that the quality, engineering and value of these rifles will be hard to beat.

I would ask everyone to be patient and bear with us as we push through this lengthy process.

Pat
    Blue Line Team

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line View Post
    Hey guys,

I can assure everyone that we are looking at the posts in here and we're gauging levels of interest on certain features including the twist rate of the barrel. Keep in mind though, that as Ryan said earlier, this is the beginning of a very long process, and our primary focus is to get the MPA-RC into Canada with a Non-Restricted certification. At present, we are talking with MPA to design the MPA-RC to suit Canadian firearms law and help ensure a smooth passage through the RCMP certification process. Though the MPA-RC may look similar in some ways to the Leader Dynamics rifle, there is no parts commonality / interchangeability whatsoever between the designs. Think of it like this: the Robinson Arms XCR uses a similar piston and bolt design from the Kalashnikov, but it isn't an AK.

We're doing our best to keep the MSRP within our target of ~$1199.00, but these alterations may affect the price. Every piece of these rifles will be made in-house by MPA specifically for the Canadian market on state-of-the-art CNC machines except the plastic stocks and some springs. From speaking with Ryan and seeing in depth pictures and reviews of the Masterpiece Arms rifle I can assure everyone that the quality, engineering and value of these rifles will be hard to beat.

I would ask everyone to be patient and bear with us as we push through this lengthy process.

Pat
    Blue Line Team
    I wouldn't change anything... Saw the video review posted above (aside from him referring to AR parts on it which would be bad for us) and I think it looks awesome the way it is!

CGN Regular
    Ar parts don't make it an ar variant. The more ar parts it takes without becoming a variant the better.

Thanks for all your hard work on this, Pat. Fingers crossed, this is exactly the rifle our market needs right now.

You guys are great, I will be keeping an eye out for this, especially around that price. There are lots of expensive options out there, we need one like this!

EDIT: Will these have chrome-lined barrels? I don't know if I'm too blind to see this, and will the folding stock still cover the ejection port?

Quote Originally Posted by swbw2000 View Post
    Ar parts don't make it an ar variant. The more ar parts it takes without becoming a variant the better.
    this is true... the RCMP determined the Akdal was an AR variant with no AR parts so...