Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Defense

CGN Regular

Colt Defense

Colt Defense was displaying the usual suspects, as well as the usual suspects dressed up in magpul and funky paint jobs.

The CM 901 was there in anodized camo. Colt said is was a great finish but prohibitively expensive. The LE 901 was there in FDE. We are likely to see many more of these. The bottom rail interface was slightly redesigned this year to add a screw to secure it in place.

There was also two models of a prototype 3-Gun Match rifle with a new lightweight one piece upper. One in piston and one with the standard expansion and belled off - both with gas regulators for suppressed operation. The piston was FDE and the standard gas had camo anodizing. These were at the show to see if there would be any interest. The standard gas system rifle shot very well at the range day.

The upper fits a standard carbine length, but there were two optional bolt-on extensions for folks that want longer rails or a mid or rifle length set up.

The rails were very trim and had detachable rail sections to cut weight.

I don't know why Colt even bothered to go to SHOT this year. They haven't released the models they said they would be last year. The 901 is so far backlogged it'll be years before we see it here in Canada even assuming there isn't an AWB.

I'm a Colt fan but I'm really disappointed in their inability to satisfy market demand for their product. That was before Sandyhook.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The CM 901 was there in anodized camo. Colt said is was a great finish but prohibitively expensive.
    Prohibitively expensive but looks really nice if you can spend the coin. SOG knives did a run of their Aegis model with the blades in anodized digi camo and they look great! Sadly limited run and probably for the same "prohibitively expensive" reason.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Avalonthas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbs View Post
    Prohibitively expensive but looks really nice if you can spend the coin. SOG knives did a run of their Aegis model with the blades in anodized digi camo and they look great! Sadly limited run and probably for the same "prohibitively expensive" reason.
    I got one
    There's Mil-spec, and then there's Gunnutz-spec.
    One is stringent, the other contains nuts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Did Colt have anything else on display? Maybe one of those new CAR XM177 clone rifles...? Or their semi M16A4 clone?

Also interesting seeing the brass aluminum forge mark on the upper. They must be busy... it would almost seem they're one of the only companies making new forging these days.

I loaded this one just for cancer

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by cancer View Post
    Did Colt have anything else on display? .............Or their semi M16A4 ?
    Wondering if we can ever expect to see this?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I don't think the CAR XM177 had a detachable carry handle, but they probably broke the molds have no means of forging the integrated carry handle upper any more?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Argh!! Want so bad!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbs View Post
    I don't think the CAR XM177 had a detachable carry handle, but they probably broke the molds have no means of forging the integrated carry handle upper any more?
    Before the hysteria in the US, you could import brand new Colt fixed carry handle uppers from Brownells for a very reasonable price. I doubt they broke the molds.. They're probably just a bit dusty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast