Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013: Master Piece Arms MPAR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armedsask's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Great minds think alike - less than great minds torpedo new firearms by linking them to prohibs with no real evidence.
    Yes, because the RCMP don't have access to commonly available information. The Leader isn't a god damn secret. If it gets classed a variant, I can assure you it's not because some people on the internet said it shares similarities to.

Your tinfoil is a little tight.
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Armedsask". These posts are for informational and entertainment use. Copying or quoting in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board for use on this board. Any use, in whole or in part, for reference outside this forum requires the express written consent of its author.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertanBound View Post
    Anyones thoughts on the triangle bolt? does it have advantages/disadvantages? Im new to the black rifle scene. So long as this rifle isnt 17 years away it could be my first black rifle!!!
    From the forgotten weapons link
    Hi,I am Charles St George the designer of the Leader T2. Enjoyed your video and presentation. Just a few comments I wish to share with you. The Winchester bolt is not actually a triangular bolt but more of a three lobed bolt. Further, a triangular bolt provides more lock up and allows a greater delay in the unlocking cycle. The Leader was not developed to replace the L1A1 but rather for export as a low cost semi auto rifle. I in fact, developed an improved version of the Leader with a folding Stock called the M18 which was officially submitted to replace the L1A1 during the 1986 RFT, issued by the Australian Defence Dept.
    Is the sample you have available for sale?
    Best regards,

Charles St George

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Throttle_monkey1's Avatar
    Want.

I would buy one I hope they let them in to Canada
    GO NAVY!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Armedsask View Post
    Yes, because the RCMP don't have access to commonly available information. The Leader isn't a god damn secret. If it gets classed a variant, I can assure you it's not because some people on the internet said it shares similarities to.

Your tinfoil is a little tight.

It's not exactly a household word either - total number of Leaders in Canada? total number prohibbed? The only place the Leader is common knowledge is right here - total production never passed five figures.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN frequent flyer mozambique technique's Avatar
    I'll take that for a G-note. .308 as well please!
    Jesus, Mohammed, save me from your followers!!

I like it, but I fear it will be years before we see this thing on this side of the border by then interest for this gun will drive the price up to the not worth the money market.
    I don't care if I fall as long as someone else picks up my gun and keeps on shooting.

Intersest piqued.

Is the charging handle non-reciprocating I wonder/hope?
    "Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.”
    ― Thomas Sowell,

Quote Originally Posted by mozambique technique View Post
    I'll take that for a G-note. .308 as well please!
    oh yeah .308 would be awesome.
    --------------------------------------
    cssa & NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    I swear that reading some posts more than a few CGNers are so 'smart' about guns they are stupid. Take a bow.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.