Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Grand Power? Picture warning - dial-up will explode - you've been warned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    That is probably one of the cleanest shops I've ever seen.

Read about Grand Power on the latest Calibre Magazine, but wow these pictures definitely add, added value to this brand now. Hope to try one out at the range.
    Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome - Gunnery Sgt. Tom Highway

I bought an X-callibur, and while it is not bad it is not great either. Accuracy is good, but not great.

The let downs are:
    - when you insert the mag, half of the time the slide will go forward by itself, loading the chamber
    - two of the mags out of 6 I bought would load only 9 rounds, not 10
    - I can see the trigger being decent after some work, but out of the box it has uneven pull, "scratchy" at times. In comparison something like SP01 has a nicer trigger out of the box.
    - the plastic frame feels cheap (well, admittedly it is not an expensive gun either)

Revolving barrel is interesting and certainly makes it a cool gun. Just rough around the edges, needing work. Or may be a new home.

BANNED
    Thanks for the review.. Epip

CGN frequent flyer
    Any chance Jaroslav could tell me why my 105 doesn't work properly? It only fires a single round and leaves a slight dimple on the primer on the next round when it's set on auto. It's kinda hard to find anyone who will service a 105 in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiplatys View Post
    I bought an X-callibur, and while it is not bad it is not great either. Accuracy is good, but not great.

The let downs are:
    - when you insert the mag, half of the time the slide will go forward by itself, loading the chamber
    - I can see the trigger being decent after some work, but out of the box it has uneven pull, "scratchy" at times. In comparison something like SP01 has a nicer trigger out of the box.
    - the plastic frame feels cheap (well, admittedly it is not an expensive gun either)

Revolving barrel is interesting and certainly makes it a cool gun. Just rough around the edges, needing work. Or may be a new home.
    The Grand Power guns virtually always auto forward when you insert a magazine with any force. It's part of the design.
    The mags being shipped today have a heavier spring than the early imports. They will hold 10 rounds, but that last round does take some effort when the mags are new.

As for your observations about the trigger, well let's just say opinions vary.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wrangler4867 View Post
    Any chance Jaroslav could tell me why my 105 doesn't work properly? It only fires a single round and leaves a slight dimple on the primer on the next round when it's set on auto. It's kinda hard to find anyone who will service a 105 in Canada.
    As it's equally hard to find someone licenced to buy it, I'll forward the question with some of my own.

Whats dial up?

The let downs are:
    - when you insert the mag, half of the time the slide will go forward by itself, loading the chamber Happy for me, I absolutely love that feature! Saving some time on a mag change
    - two of the mags out of 6 I bought would load only 9 rounds, not 10Damn my 11 years old daughter is loading her mag to full capacity just as me, no probs with our 12 mags!!
    - I can see the trigger being decent after some work, but out of the box it has uneven pull, "scratchy" at times. In comparison something like SP01 has a nicer trigger out of the box.Like already said, it's a matter of opinions, but many IPSC shooters having CZ's at my club just love the X-Cal trigger, including me!
    - the plastic frame feels cheap (well, admittedly it is not an expensive gun either)???? Gee I've shot M&Ps ang Glocks and my hands cannot make any differences on the plastic quality, all I can say, GP grip fits me like a glove, and fits my daughter's hand the same way!

Finally, accuracy, well, as far as I'm concerned, the X-Cal makes me shoot like I'm good at it...
    Burned gun powder... damn I love that smell!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

The let downs are:

I've heard most of those comments directed toward the M&P - maybe I'll have to get a GP to go with my M&P. As far as working on pistols goes, I think one place a gun company could make real inroads into the Canadian shooting community, is by offering (even at a cost) an armorers course - if I could take an M&P or Glock armorer's course, I'd do it in a heart beat. Sadly these courses are restricted to institutional users, so those of us that are inclined to get in there and play are left to our own devices. A good 2 day armorers course (again, I would gladly pay for this type of course) would really add value and create brand loyalty.
    Last edited by enefgee; 06-18-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast