Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What is Grand Power? Picture warning - dial-up will explode - you've been warned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    I've heard most of those comments directed toward the M&P - maybe I'll have to get a GP to go with my M&P. As far as working on pistols goes, I think one place a gun company could make real inroads into the Canadian shooting community, is by offering (even at a cost) an armorers course - if I could take an M&P or Glock armorer's course, I'd do it in a heart beat. Sadly these courses are restricted to institutional users, so those of us that are inclined to get in there and play are left to our own devices. A good 2 day armorers course (again, I would gladly pay for this type of course) would really add value and create brand loyalty.
    I'm working on it. Just need a cheap flight to Vienna.

grand power. helping you buy better!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer angrysoldier's Avatar
    looks good. the shop looks a lot leaner than colt canada the day I visited. wouldent mind buying one of these pistols If I could find one.
    dont sweat the petty things, and dont pet the sweaty things

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    I'm working on it. Just need a cheap flight to Vienna.
    Also getting some 'dummy guns' to holster makers would be a good idea. One of the reasons Glock is so popular is that 'stuff' (holsters mag pouches etc,) are everywhere.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Regular
    I'd love the look of the GP's, but, with Blueline's website a screwy/down I cant get on there to look at prices/availability.....its in my narrowed down list of next pistols to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck223 View Post
    The Grand Power guns virtually always auto forward when you insert a magazine with any force. It's part of the design.
    The mags being shipped today have a heavier spring than the early imports. They will hold 10 rounds, but that last round does take some effort when the mags are new.

As for your observations about the trigger, well let's just say opinions vary.
    Well, I bought the gun a month ago, I would think it is a recent mag as well. I guess I just don't have enough muscle to put the 10th round in into a couple of them. The rest of the mags, and all of the rest of my guns seem fine.

About the trigger: sure, opinions vary. I really like my trigger on my CZ Czeckmate. On my P210. The CZ Shadow Canadian is decent. The X-Calibur could have been decent (it does have many of the attributes of a good trigger), but probably will need some gunsmith work to polish and tune it.

I forgot one more thing - it often fails to cycle with the 115 grain. This does not happen with the 5 other guns I use.

Again, I don't want to make an impression that it is a bad gun. It is decent, interesting design and it has a potential. But out of the box it leaves to be desired. At least mine does.

CGN Regular
    They need to brush up their safety, some of those chancers working with air tools and no safety glasses on.
    When all is said and done, A lot more gets said than done!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    I'd love the look of the GP's, but, with Blueline's website a screwy/down I cant get on there to look at prices/availability.....its in my narrowed down list of next pistols to buy
    JoBrooks and Prophet River on here have Grand Power stock
    Join CSSA. Vote Conservative Andrew Scheer in 2019 if you value your firearms!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    JoBrooks and Prophet River on here have Grand Power stock
    And so does SFRC and I believe Frontier.

It hurts me to see a Hermle machine hidden in the corner of a photo. That kind of a machine is like a Ferrari!

Shot at 2012-07-03

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234