Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Grand Power? Picture warning - dial-up will explode - you've been warned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar

What is Grand Power? Picture warning - dial-up will explode - you've been warned.

Ok, so I'm sitting here basking in the warm winds coming off tropical Lake Simcoe, and chomping at the bit waiting on the delivery of Blue Line's first stocking Grand Power order.

Might as well put the boredom to use.

The biggest problem with Grand Power as a brand is people either haven't heard about them, or think of them in relation to other companies. You know, the company who made the STI GP6, or the "other" company making a rotary barrel gun like the Beretta Cx4.

Many know this guy, our own member K100.

Jaroslav Kuracina is the CEO of Grand Power and the designer of the K100. He's shooting the full auto K105 in this picture.

Most have never seen this guy.

Vratko is Grand Powers Sales Manager, the guy who fleshes out the fine details and makes it happen across time zones and language barriers.

Fewer still have seen this.

The origional factory was becoming too small to handle all the in-house work, so this past fall they moved into a new larger facility down the road.

All cool. I love the engineering behind the product. I love the thoughtful evolution of the design, tweeked as needed, improved where it can be, updated as opportunities present.

But Grand Power is more than just a designer, a catalog of guns, a sales force and collection of tools.

Grand Power is also;

All these folks turn the raw materials and machined parts into the finished parts we get to see. They check, guage, deburr, and polish as required.

While dozens of individuals have a hand in preparing the parts, at the end of the line only one individual assembles each pistol. One man sees each part and assembles the whole gun.

The man above is Peter. Rumour has it he assembled the X-Caliburs for the Canadian order.

Photographs © 2012 Stephen Potts - www.stephenpotts.co.uk
    Last edited by Canuck223; 01-19-2013 at 10:06 AM. Reason: photo credit

Very cool, ty.

Very interesting, thanks.
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Where is the factory located - looks like a good bunch of folks, with a good idea and good skills.
    "In the days of my youth I was told what it means to be a man, Now I've reached that age if I do that stuff I'll end up in the can...."
    Apologies to Led Zep

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Never even heard of them before.

Thanks for posting.
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Regular
    Wow, awesome look inside the factory!

CGN Regular
    very interesting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enefgee View Post
    Where is the factory located - looks like a good bunch of folks, with a good idea and good skills.
    It's just outside of Banska Bystrika, Slovakia.

Ya I had not heard of them before.. pretty cool pictures though... wouldnt mind that job

Looks like a first rate company cant wait to test one of the firearms. Thank you for the photos
    GO NAVY!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast