Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013: RCBS New Products

SHOT SHOW 2013: RCBS New Products

Summit Single Stage Press

The idea behind the design of this press is that it doesn't need to overhang the edge of the table, blocking drawers, etc... It also allows for easier access than an o-ring design while still maintaining pretty good rigidity. It is the sizing die that travels instead of the shell holder, similar to the Dillon 1050. A short handle is available as an option for $20 extra.

MSRP $270

Universal Case Prep Center

This is RCBS' answer to the big Hornady unit released last year. It is nowhere near as solid as the Hornady unit.

MSRP $525

Primer Pocket Swager

While this isn't new for this year, it is relatively new. I have the Dillon primer pocket swager, and I found this unit to be a lot nicer ergonomically. Pulling the swaging lever towards you seems to feel a lot more natural and the lever on the mandrel is easier to use than the little latch on the Dillon. It also seem to align the mandrel a lot more consistently with the swaging button. Like the Summit press, this seems to be designed so that it doesn't need to overhang the edge of the table to function.

MSRP $105
    Last edited by kombayotch; 01-20-2013 at 03:07 PM.

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Having stuff that doesn't need to block drawers is a plus. My reloading bench is an old desk. Locating presses so they don't block drawers is an exercise in constructive thinking. More than that, they stick out into the room restricting movement.
    However, I think the press pictured above needs a lot more design work before I would use one for heavy case forming, or want to fight with a stuck case.
    Bush hunter!