SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: SRM Semi-Autom Tactical Shotgun

Raccoon_Really_Really_Want_zps96747400.jpg

Maybe they can reclassify it? And follow California's perspective, because DO WANT.

Laugh2

The chances of the RCMP doing anything to help Canadian gun owners are lower than the chances of the Leafs winning the cup this year. They are vocally anti-gun and will do everything in their power to keep new guns out of Canada, not facilitate their entry.

Mark

We saw these and talked to the rep last year at shot.

They were already in discussions with a canadian importer and had sent a sample to the RCMP for clasification.

The RCMP lab determined that the ENTIRE removable tube was a magazine, and as such had to be blocked to 5 rounds.

Didn't get a chance to shoot one so I can't comment on reliability.

We saw these and talked to the rep last year at shot.

They were already in discussions with a canadian importer and had sent a sample to the RCMP for clasification.

The RCMP lab determined that the ENTIRE removable tube was a magazine, and as such had to be blocked to 5 rounds.

Didn't get a chance to shoot one so I can't comment on reliability.

Yeah, I doubt these will come up here. Really expensive and the key selling point can't be had here.

So instead of a single 4-tube magazine manufactured as a single object, why not manufacture 4 individual tubes that need to be held together by a clip or some other device that is detacheable....that way each individual mag would have a 4-round capacity, therefore deemed legal in Canada.

Interesting concept would definitely like to hear reports of reliability.

Thanks for the feedback but where exactly did you read this?

I can provide plenty of Testing/Evaluation articles from REPUTABLE people who have shot our shotguns.

We recently received the Golden Bullseye Award and named 2013 Shotgun of the Year by NRA Shooting Illustrated.

http://www.shootingillustrated.com/...rated-announces-2013-golden-bullseye-winners/

Here's a well written review that just got posted a few days ago: http://gunblast.com/SRM-1216.htm

Special Weapons did a GREAT cover article on our 1216 recently: https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/420489_10151293075733623_1655195508_n.jpg

I can keep going if you'd like :)

Sorry I picked the wrong quote above and can't edit.

That reply was for ArmedSask who said, "From what I've read about the SRM shotguns, they are overpriced and not very reliable."

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/bulletins/police/20120106-pol83-eng.htm

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
www.rcmp.gc.ca
Skip to content | Skip to institutional links Common menu bar links
Français
Home
Contact Us
Help
Search
canada.gc.ca
Home > Canadian Firearms Program > Special Bulletins > Police > XRAIL System identified as a prohibited device
Institutional links
Canadian Firearms Program
Information for...
Police/Public Agencies
Businesses
Canadian Residents
Visitors / Non-Residents
Media
more audiences...
Quick links
CFP site index
Bulletins
Chief Firearms Officers
Fact Sheets
Facts and Figures
Firearms Safety Training
Forms
Frequently Asked Questions
Our organization
Contact the CFP
Accountability
CFP Reports
Policy / Legislation
Your Privacy and Access to Information
National RCMP
About the RCMP
Newsroom
Careers
Resources
Publications
Fact Sheets
Forms
Family Corner
Navigate by
A-Z Index
Provinces
Programs
XRAIL System identified as a prohibited device

Special Bulletin for Police No. 83

January 06, 2012

Snapshot

The RCMP Canadian Firearms Program has recently identified the XRAIL System magazine extender for shotguns as a prohibited device. Businesses may be in possession of these devices, provided they are licensed to possess prohibited devices, while individuals must surrender or dispose of them.

Background

The maximum capacity of a cartridge magazine is set out in Part 4 of the Regulations Prescribing Certain Firearms and other Weapons, Components and Parts of Weapons, Accessories, Cartridge Magazines, Ammunition and Projectiles as Prohibited or Restricted. The Regulations prescribe “prohibited devices”, and a magazine that has a capacity which exceeds the maximum-permitted capacity is a prohibited device.

The XRAIL System magazine extender, which can be attached to semiautomatic shotguns, increases the magazine capacity to 22 cartridges (standard version) or 14 cartridges (compact version), which is more than the maximum-allowed capacity of five cartridges.

Implications for Individual Firearm Owners

Individuals who are currently in possession of these devices must surrender or dispose of them by contacting either the local police or their provincial/territorial Chief Firearms Officer to make the necessary arrangements. Failure to surrender or dispose of a prohibited device is an offence under the Criminal Code.

Implications for Firearm Businesses

For businesses with licences for prohibited devices:

No implication

For businesses without licences for prohibited devices:

Any existing inventory must be surrendered or disposed of immediately. Businesses should contact either the local police or Chief Firearms Officer to make the necessary arrangements. Failure to surrender or dispose of a prohibited device for which the business is not licensed is an offence under the Criminal Code.

Implications for Police

If a police service is contacted by an owner:

In the case of an individual or a business that is NOT licensed to possess prohibited devices, they should be directed to surrender the device in accordance with local procedures.

A notice has been sent to all Canadian businesses licensed to sell firearms. There may be other businesses in the police service’s jurisdiction selling these devices that are unaware of this information.

For more information, the RCMP Canadian Firearms Program should be contacted.

Le présent bulletin est également disponible en français

Date Modified: 2012-01-06

Top of Page
Important Notices

After watching The X-rail being installed on a Benelli M-4 on one of the episodes of Sons of Guns, it appeared that the X Rail is an extension of the existing magazine tube, however it looks like SRM has separate individual tubes. That can't be seen as extending the existing tube to hold more than five rounds. I'm always optimistic.

I was very impressed with the SRM shotgun. I consider she has four 4rd mag tubes joined together in a common carrier, somebody else had already made application to the RCMP and they have decided she has a 16 rd magazine. It doesn’t help that she is advertised as having a 16 rd mag. There is nothing in writing from California or the BATF stating she is considered as having a 4 shot magazine. I made my case to the RCMP and they said “Nice try” but still consider her a 16 rd mag. A redesign of the mag would be extremely expensive with no guarantee that any changes would be accepted,

We have two examples here in stock so anyone with the correct licence please give me a call. In my opinion she was the best new gun at the Shot Show.

Back
Top Bottom