Norinco Tokarev 9mm

Bump for interest. I would buy one for sure. Its too bad we could just get one machined and sell them,. Hmmmmm Iguess you'd need a bushing as well. I wonder if the mags would work I think they should? So how many toks are out there in North America I bet 50 % of owners would buy one if they were in 100 dollar range. I'd be stupid and go higher.

Weimajack still has some I think. Also, yes to getting a 9mm barrel conversion. Can't shoot surplus at my range and 7.62x25 is impossible to find in lead core around here

For those looking for 9mm Tokarev conversions out there...after looking high and low, and finally sourcing one, you may find it a bit disappointing.

I happened onto a 9mm barrel and two magazines for my Tokarev last year, then proceeded to buy another TT33 for my conversion.

Long story short, you would need to get a different slide return spring, because, unless you are shooting P+ ammo, it wont cycle properly. Lots of FTE's. I tried all sorts of 9mm ammo, and found that the spent casings would barely clear the ejection port. Most would get caught in the port and jam up the slide.

I bought a used Norc 213 off the EE, and this gun shoots 9mm all day, looks and feels like a TT33. Plus, the gun cost less than the conversion barrel/mag kit.

The 213 uses a different magazines as does the TT33...it matches the length of the 9mm cartridge. The magwell in the 213 has a u-shaped spacer at the rear, in order for these magazines to fit correctly.

The conversion magazines have a u-shaped spacer inside the rear of the standard Tokarev magazine with a modified feed plate and spring, in order to accommodate the shorter 9mm cartridges.

Bottom line? Buy the 213 with as many mags as you can find. You will like the gun much better than messing with the 9 mm conversion barrel and mags.

I also took the 213 Route. Found one and was able to put together a 9mm tokarev out of the parts from that, the frame of a Russian TT-33 and a Super 12 slide. All I need is a disconnector to make it run right. But for now I just run the 9mm parts in my Russian Tokarev. But I don't enjoy it as much as I though. Maybe because I like things to be as original as can be, and having a 9mm tokarev just doesn't seem right! I still shoot 762 more often, I guess I could pass the whole package along if something interesting came up but I'm not actively looking to get rid of it.

Anyone have any luck with the conversion kits or a source for 9mm barrel and bushing?
Starting to think this is just wishful thinking...

Back
Top Bottom