SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Tactical Innovations 1022 Receiver w/ AR style charging handle

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Tactical Innovations 1022 Receiver w/ AR style charging handle

Tags: None

ceriksson said:

SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Tactical Innovations 1022 Receiver w/ AR style charging handle

Tactical Innovations has come up with well.... an innovative 10/22 receiver.

SHOT 2013 Media Day (153 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

It is an aircraft grade aluminum receiver that uses a cool Stainless Steel AR style charging handle rather than the usual 10/22 side-of-bolt handle.

SHOT 2013 Media Day (154 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

For those looking for something to make your tactical AR looking 10/22 go that extra step while still keeping it non-restricted then this is something for you

Retail price is regular 230$ USD however I see it listed for 210$

Weight is approx 1lb

They come in 6 colours:
    Black
    Stainless
    Green
    Purple
    Blue
    Red

The receiver also has a machined integral picatinny mount.

Key benefits explained by Tactical Innovations:

SMALLER SIZE EJECTION PORT
    The absence of the factory charging handle allows the ejection port size to be decreased since now you only need the ejection port for ejecting spent brass rather than having the port elongated to accommodate the charging handle. The smaller ejection port means that less dirt should be able to get into the gun and you have a more streamlined side appearance

NO FACTORY RECIPROCATING CHARGING HANDLE
    Having a rear charging handle means that you don't have the traditional factory charging handle flying back and forth each time you fire the rifle. Many shooters have added "Jumbo" and oversize charging handles to make the rifle easier to charge and clear but which also makes more mass reciprocating with each shot. The lack of a size charging handle also gives you a smooth side to the gun so you don't catch the charging handle on your gun case or your jacket when transporting or handling the rifle.

AMBIDEXTROUS FOR BOTH LEFT & RIGHT HANDED SHOOTERS
    Left handed shooters rejoice! We can't make the brass come out the other side but the rear charging handle of the CH22 is truly ambidextrous offering the same convenient charging location for either right or left handed shooters.

rethius said:
    awesome! can we get these?

ThinkThank said:
    These guys make some awesome 10/22 accessories...
    I'm still trying to find a way to rig my 10/22 with a hogue stock with a single point sling

tranman said:
    Thats not a new product but id like to see that in Canada.

banditos said:
    I could do a nice build with something like that. Who is going to bring it in? Will anyone build some customs and sell them?
    Gun Control: A child's idea of a safe society.

cmsl333 said:
    I would buy one right now!

7. Hodaka said:
    Wait a minute! Made in Bonners Ferry? That's like 2 hrs from me.

8. cadgo said:
    Been wanting one of these for quite a while. Surprised no one has brought them in yet.

chief16 said:
    That's freaking awesome!!!!

10. megahurts said:
    It looks like there is a hole at the back of the receiver. Is it completely through the metal and does it line up with the bore i.e. can it be used for breach first cleaning? That would be great!!