SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Tactical Innovations 1022 Receiver w/ AR style charging handle

Yeah I know. Didn't post the link to discourage anyone as I too would like one. I've learnt from impulse buys and do a little research beforehand now. Hopefully it just needs some breakin time and lube, but doesn't explain the bad finish/tool marks. I'm guessing the one at shot didn't have any finishing issues?

Totally agree with you. I really like the concept and think it would make a great build. The finish and tool marks make you wonder of the quality of the build. $200plus for a receiver alone, you wouldn't expect that kind of end product. The responces to his concerns he got from TI also worries me.
This will be a very tough call if it ever gets to Canada.
Doesn't look like he posted that video that long ago either.

Must have!!!!!!!!! omg SWAP THAT ONTO MY sr-22 for the complete look. I really liked that on my Armi !!!!I found it more functinal then my standard 10/22 side handle.
is this even gunna work with the sr-22?? please jesus.. i need this

I am more concerned with if that chargeing handle will actually work once you get a big objective of a scope in the way. Seems like there might be some finger pinch isssue, but I could be wrong.

Would look awesome in an Archangel stock, but the top picatinny rails would probably have to be removed for a snug fit, and the receiver cover would have to have a slot cut into it. Looks awesome either way!

This with the new battledyne 10/22 ar mags and a modified kit to work with the charging handle could make for some nice looking projects. I think I may pickup a Nordic or Troy kit and do another black build since I've sold my sr22.

This is what I love best about CGN.

Six pages of posts with people drooling over a product they can't have.

Hate to burst the bubble but this product isn't new, they had it at SHOT last year and Tactical Innovations is NOT certified with ITAR for export and they appear to have no interest in doing so thus you won't get one anytime soon.

Good use of the bandwidth this thread has been ..........

It would look pretty sweet in my new SR-22, because thats the type of 10/22 that would be a match made in heaven...but I doubt it, if it would go together properly with a SR-22.

Hm, interesting review... I suppose there is no harm waiting for later versions to see how much they improve. I wouldn't mind an AR-like forward assist to deal with the lack of a reciprocating charging handle and an AR charging handle lock to stop it jamming with the bolt and punching me in the face one day :(
If you're going to emulate you can't just ignore all the problems with what you're emulating because it's something new. Still though, I like TI's magazines from my limited experience with them so I hope they iron these bits out even though their PR apparently sucked in this case. Well, I hope so, I do kinda want it just for familiarity with the AR platform since I've yet to find a decent non-restricted psudo-AR in .22LR (I can dream...).

I want one, have for awhile, the whole bolt/receiver combo, as well as one of their factory taper 1:9 twist 16.5 barrel length

This is what I love best about CGN.

Six pages of posts with people drooling over a product they can't have.

Hate to burst the bubble but this product isn't new, they had it at SHOT last year and Tactical Innovations is NOT certified with ITAR for export and they appear to have no interest in doing so thus you won't get one anytime soon.
Good use of the bandwidth this thread has been ..........

I don't think they believe you LOL
Laugh2

Back
Top Bottom