Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Eberlestock Aluminum Stocks

Salty Knife Nut

SHOT SHOW 2013 Report: Eberlestock Aluminum Stocks

These have been out for a little while now but many people do not know they exist.

Eberlstock, known for their high quality hunting and tactical backpacks has gotten into the stock market and they have done it really really well

the Eberlestock Model 11 Stealth Rifle Chassis system is a futuristic looking, streamlined, and very lightweight stock system.
    • Set for Remington 700 footprint actions
    • They take AI Mags
    • Available in fixed and folding versions.
    • MSRP:Base price before options for non-folding: USD $1895, Folding: $1995

SHOT 2013 Media Day (294 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

SHOT 2013 Media Day (293 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

The folding version is unique to other stocks in that it folds just forward of the grip rather than behind it. This allows for it to achieve an even shorter OAL when folded for putting in a pack or case.

SHOT 2013 Media Day (297 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

SHOT 2013 Media Day (296 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

SHOT 2013 Media Day (295 of 378).jpg by ceriksson, on Flickr

I really love the look of these stocks. If Arcteryx produced a rifle stock it would look like this. The colours, shape and futuristic mounting systems remind me totally of their clothing.

The stock comes with a tube like forend with plenty of holes for mounting rails in a variety of positions. They also make a different type of forend mount that instead of screwing directly into the forend it uses a round mount that vices the rails onto the stock allowing you to slide it forward or back to any specific position you want.

Here are some pics I stole off their website as I didn't take one at the show:

They also had a lightweight sporter prototype there set for release soon. You can see it up on the first picture in the bottom. Rather than a tube forend it has a smooth light forend.
    Last edited by ceriksson; 01-19-2013 at 05:36 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    Actually Eberlestock was first a stock manufacturer he designed stocks for olympians he then got into backpacks.

I was looking at these on the Eberlestock web site again yesterday it is by far my favorite stock design for a hunting rifle.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

Salty Knife Nut
    Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    Actually Eberlestock was first a stock manufacturer he designed stocks for olympians he then got into backpacks.

I was looking at these on the Eberlestock web site again yesterday it is by far my favorite stock design for a hunting rifle.
    I agree. I would love to get the light stock and use either a sporter barrel or a carbon wrapped barrel for a light hunter.

Would make for an awesome high country build for sheep or goat.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    I think the prices might have something to do with people not knowing they exist. Very small market at those ranges.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

beautiful stock thanks for bringing us the photos
    GO NAVY!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer icedragonmx's Avatar
    Great pictures! The price is the only hold back on this system. Wish they did this for a Savage 4.4 SA.
    Wishing for a endless supply of ammo........

Man that looks expensive
    Go read that shlock to a soldier or a fireman or a football player or a bloody barber Theyll all knock your "this" right down your throat while sippin a beer and eating chicken wings.Then wipe their wee fingers on your pretty little pouch"

That is a lot of $$$ for something that is essentially mass produced by a machine.......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Camp Cook's Avatar
    They also had a lightweight sporter prototype there set for release soon. You can see it up on the first picture in the bottom. Rather than a tube forend it has a smooth light forend.
    WOW very nice I totally missed that stock earlier...

I've been dreaming about what future rifle/cartridge combo's I would like to get into and have been realizing I have combo's in single shots/bolt/lever/semi to fill every style of hunting I do maybe instead of getting a new combo it is time to invest in a folding stock system.

Now to figure out how to put enough cash aside to afford something like this.
    <")))><

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that" -movie "Shane" 1953

CGN Regular
    I asked for one to fit a Tikka action, oh well If I ever buy a Rem, probably not

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast