Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Savage Arms Super Magnum Rimfire Rifle - B.MAG

CGN Ultra frequent flyer haha49's Avatar
    I would want to see someone make a nice belt feed in this caliber... it's a rim fire with center fire performance in the round.... no limits yah...

CGN Regular
    I haven't heard much more about the 17WSM or other rifles chambered for it since it was initially announced. The Savage looks ok except as has been noted, the bolt knob makes the whole thing look a bit odd. Once there is ammo stocked and some other mfr's offering rifles I'll think about it. I would only want a cheap one anyway to poke some yotes.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

waiting to hear about ammunition availability, but at this point I'm ready to order one and top it with a Vortex!
    I like the looks of it, but then I think the A-10 Warthog is the best looking military aircraft and yet (unbelievably) some would disagree, go figure!!!

Anything new on this exciting new cartrige/rifle? I know Lebaron here in Ont. has said a "September" delivery date, but nothing as of yet... would be an good yote' round by the looks of it.

Any updates on this new rifle? I seen Cabela's has them on their website but backordered.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tactical870's Avatar
    As far as I know Savage is still working on perfecting the gun. My understanding is that they have had issues due to the much higher pressures that this gun develops over standard rimfire rounds.... (I know a few staff members at Savage)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALLS London View Post
    I joined CGN for the gun knowledge.
    I STAY on CGN for the T870 conquests.

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    Quote Originally Posted by Paatz View Post
    Another piece of garbage stock to be replaced by a Boyds and clutter up someones' life.
    Yep, ill buy the savage, then wait for a Thumbhole from Boyd's.... ;-) I have a couple box's ammo, no Gun. WHEN will i de able to actually buy one??
    I changed my SL8 into a PSG8!

CGN Regular
    100 miles north 100 miles south, manitoba
    Guys, I was Just at Lebarons site, and their catalog says its avil. Sept. 2013, for 303.00 cdn. Does Anyone know if they are actually IN STOCK as of now, and sending them out?? If so, I will order one next week!

Ginnz
    I changed my SL8 into a PSG8!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hometownhero's Avatar
    Mixed reviews of these rifles on rimfire central. Some reports of 4" groups at 100. I think there is still a lot of bugs to work out.
    '14 Carbon Spyder 30 Blackout
    '14 Pro Edge Elite White
    '15 Podium X Elite Silver ice

Quote Originally Posted by tactical870 View Post
    As far as I know Savage is still working on perfecting the gun. My understanding is that they have had issues due to the much higher pressures that this gun develops over standard rimfire rounds.... (I know a few staff members at Savage)
    Thanks for the info! I think I will wait until they come with a Bull Barrel too.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast