Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Competition

CGN Regular

Colt Competition

Colt Competition is a new licensed partner for Colt Manufacturing (the commercial Colt company as opposed to Colt Defense).

There is a full line of competition rifles in .223 (all stainless bbl with Wylde chamber), .308 and 6.5 Grendel.

They use a selection of match grade barrels, float tubes and match triggers, mostly Geissele. They custom machine Colt forgings so the upper and lower are matched. The BCG is all Colt Defense high pressure tested. The .308s used billet upper and lowers.

There is a selection of 18 and 20 inch barrels and various adjustable or fixed butt stocks.

All the models were available with a patented hand adjustable gas regulator to compensate for any handholds or a standard low profile gas block.

Best of all, they were very keen on the Canadian Market and were already in talks to begin exporting.

The rifles at the media day range shot like lasers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Probably gonna be a decent rifle.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

interesting barrel work in the first two photos. Any literature out there to support that design?

MRSP on the .308 versions?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jric1308 View Post
    interesting barrel work in the first two photos. Any literature out there to support that design?
    Probably surface area = heat dissipation. Other than that "looks badass" is about it for the avg user.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowhunterbob View Post
    MRSP on the .308 versions?
    Colt Custom shop stuff is probably going to be pricey.

irunguns was importing the CRP 18 (in the first 2 pics) for 1900 before fees and tax.. I believe it was 2200-2400 by the time it hit your door... reasonable to me...

And the 308 version. It was tuned to shoot as soft as a 556. I think I heard 2200 ish for the 308.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by C77 View Post
    Colt Competition is a new licensed partner for Colt Manufacturing (the commercial Colt company as opposed to Colt Defense).

There is a full line of competition rifles in .223 (all stainless bbl with Wylde chamber), .308 and 6.5 Grendel.

They use a selection of match grade barrels, float tubes and match triggers, mostly Geissele. They custom machine Colt forgings so the upper and lower are matched. The BCG is all Colt Defense high pressure tested. The .308s used billet upper and lowers.

There is a selection of 18 and 20 inch barrels and various adjustable or fixed butt stocks.

All the models were available with a patented hand adjustable gas regulator to compensate for any handholds or a standard low profile gas block.

Best of all, they were very keen on the Canadian Market and were already in talks to begin exporting.

The rifles at the media day range shot like lasers.
    I emailed them not really expecting a reply quite honestly and I got this:

Good morning, and thanks for your inquiry about our Colt Competition Rifles.

For some background info, we have hand-built our Colt Competition Rifles continuously since December of 2011. The CRP-18 is one of most outstanding three-gun-match rifles available, as we originally designed it from the ground up for the Colt factory team competitors, and those from the Bold Ideas and Warne Scope Mount-sponsored teams. However, it appears that these rifles now are being sold faster than we can build them.

While we do not sell our Colt Competition Rifles directly to consumers or to retailers (gun stores), we supply them to 16 major firearms distributors across the U.S. These Distributors in turn supply them to the various gun shops and sporting goods stores that have placed orders with them. Our Distributors are listed on our website: www.coltcompetitionrifle.com under the tab marked “Retailers.”

Times are challenging right now in the U.S. regarding AR-style rifles and we are doing our best to keep up with the growing Distributor orders; however, most all of our Distributors have all ten models on order with us. We hand-build, sight-in, and ship Colt Competition Rifles to our Distributors nearly every day, but we have no way of knowing which gun stores those distributors have shipped rifles to. We originally planned to begin shipping our rifles to Canada sometime last year, but then the U.S. market exploded and we have not been able to get caught up since.

Due to the pending but possible legislative actions in the U.S., the high-end Colt Competition Rifles are in great demand and short supply, as are those from other quality manufacturers. The four models that we currently have in quantity production are our best-selling .223 models: CRP-18, CRE-18, CRX-16, and CRX-16E (fixed buttstock). Production of our other six models have been pushed back a few months to allow us to catch-up with .223 back-orders, and will most likely be available in the May/June 2013 time frame.

One suggestion is to contact several of our Distributors, as they all have rifles on back-order with us, and ask if they export to Canada. If so, delivery of any of the four models listed above most likely will be in 90-120 days. As I mentioned, our other six models should be available in the May/June 2013 time frame, assuming favorable legislative conditions at that time.

When you purchase a Colt Competition Rifle, it might be a good idea to also get a matching American-made one-piece Colt Scope Mount, which we build in the same facility as the rifles. We CNC-machine them from solid 6000-series aluminum-alloy stock (no castings), then black-anodize them to match the finish on our Colt Competition Rifles, and fit them with mil-spec hardware. The finish exactly matches that on matte-finished Leupold scopes too. The mounts are available in either 1” (# 1401) or 30mm (# 1430) versions.

I will check with our export agent and see what is in the works for Canada. If he has any good info I will forward it on to you. I trust this helps, and I apologize for not being able to assist you in a more helpful way.

Best regards,

Glenn Wisser · Distributor Accounts

COLT COMPETITION RIFLES · A DIVISION of BOLD IDEAS LLC

Business Cell: 503-726-9608 · Email: glenn@coltcompetitionrifle.com

Shipping: Bold Ideas, 2000 SE 4th Ave, Canby OR 97013 · Mailing: Bold Ideas, PO Box 966, Canby OR 97013
    “shoot your pistol for speed, your rifle for accuracy and know how to load your shotgun.”

Still pushing for this rifle -
    “shoot your pistol for speed, your rifle for accuracy and know how to load your shotgun.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast