Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

At that price or anything close to that price I would buy one, two,..., maybe more depending on how the first couple shoot. Also, it would be neat to get all the accessories (carbine kit, etc.) as long as these are also competitively priced.

Quote Originally Posted by beagles#1 View Post
    At that price or anything close to that price I would buy one, two,..., maybe more depending on how the first couple shoot. Also, it would be neat to get all the accessories (carbine kit, etc.) as long as these are also competitively priced.
    ^^ A decent, or any for that matter, .22LR bullpup that was NR in Canada would be a great seller also. That would be an instant top seller.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    If you agree with ciphery then perhaps you can tell us why they allow any Glock 9mm pistol into Canada that can readily accept 33rd. G18 mags. Using your thought process, they should be banned as well but are not. Another example, and handgun that can accept double stack mags wouldn't be allowable either, however, they clearly are.
    I'd like to point out that the 33 rounders have to be pinned in order to be owned in Canada while the ruger mags don't have to be.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    If you think for a minute that any magazine in excess of 10 rounds that marketed as fitting the Charger pistol would be allowed in Canada, then you are sorely mistaken.

That has been my point all along. Thank-you.

I am not arguing that 10/22 mags will "alway's" be unlimited in capacity as you stated. However IMHO because this pistol has the potential to become a cheap and popular loophole to our pistol mag limit laws, I believe that rather than try to put the magazine genie back into the bottle like they did with the S&W MP15-22 (which would be near impossible with 10/22 mags), they will just find a reason to prohibit the pistol.
    No. It is just a pistol. Did they prohibit the Ruger Charger!? Nope.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    The ergonomics are horrendous. There is a spot for your index finger (obviously), middle finger and that's it. MY hand is not built at right angles, and although it is advertised as being ambidextrous, I wouldn't want shells hitting my index finger/thumb web.
    How do you adjust its trajectory as an under slung AR attachment?
    What merits are in a 4" barreled carbine you can only take to the range?
    They have an interchangeable sight rail,Why not interchangeable palm swell to improve grip?
    The fact that its being advertised as taking 25 round mags should be enough to keep it out of Canada.
    Bet a ton of them are sold to teenagers that don't know crap about instinctive or deliberate shooting.....because they LOOk cool. Functionality is a distant second.
    So that kept the HK 416-22 pistol out of Canada right?

I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this (I didn't have time to read through all the posts), if not I hate to be a kill joy, but is there a possibility that the powers-that-be could class this as a "bullpup" pistol as the action seems to be behind the trigger?

Just a thought that crept in as I watched that neat little video on page 2 and saw the interior set-up.
    But I want one as well.
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this (I didn't have time to read through all the posts), if not I hate to be a kill joy, but is there a possibility that the powers-that-be could class this as a "bullpup" pistol as the action seems to be behind the trigger?

Just a thought that crept in as I watched that neat little video on page 2 and saw the interior set-up.
    But I want one as well.
    So what if it is? Bullpup "stocks" are prohibited, not bullpup firearms.
    When they came for my Full auto machine gun, no one did a thing, as it didn't affect them. When they came for my Converted auto, they still said nothing. When they came for my Handguns and Semi-autos they were still too scared to say anything. When they came for my single shot bolt-action .22 rifle, there was no one left to help me.
    Is this what we want to see in our future?

Quote Originally Posted by thebutcher View Post

And that is why the Mauser Broomhandle is the only pistol allowed in Canada.
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=mause...w=1024&bih=497

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chichichichi's Avatar
    Im in for one of these if they make it to Canada. Anyone looking at bringing it inÉ
    "After the period of sort of inflated expectations and hype, people start looking more critically at what the costs really are, what the limitations really are, what it really can do, really can't do, what the unintended consequences are, etc., and start to bring their expectations more in line with the reality."

Wendy Cukier

The more I look at them the more I want one... It would be also nice to have a rifle version... Question, if they sold some of them about a short barrelled rifle ... And in Canada you mounted it on a rail "perminantly" on a non rest gun could that count to OAL and allow the creation of a combo gun... If this is possible I would be interested at a much higher price