CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 125

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

  1. #101
    CGN Regular armeddodge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    similkameen
    Posts
    300
    i would mount 3 on my 10/22 rails then have 4 50 rd drums :P

    all in all things pretty cool never gonna see it here though

  2. #102
    BANNED 2bad4u2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by armeddodge View Post
    i would mount 3 on my 10/22 rails then have 4 50 rd drums :P

    all in all things pretty cool never gonna see it here though
    Why would you say that? It's a restricted handgun by feature definition - not prohibited.

  3. #103
    BANNED 2bad4u2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by skip1600 View Post
    The more I look at them the more I want one... It would be also nice to have a rifle version... Question, if they sold some of them about a short barrelled rifle ... And in Canada you mounted it on a rail "perminantly" on a non rest gun could that count to OAL and allow the creation of a combo gun... If this is possible I would be interested at a much higher price
    No. What you're saying doesn't make sense at all. You're talking about (2) distinct firearms here. How would adding a separate firearm to anonther firearm's accessory rail change the classification of either firearm?

  4. #104
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    No. What you're saying doesn't make sense at all. You're talking about (2) distinct firearms here. How would adding a separate firearm to anonther firearm's accessory rail change the classification of either firearm?
    It does sometimes. For example: mounting a restricted length shotgun to a non-restricted rifle would make the entire package non-restricted. However this is a pistol and will always be restricted even if the OAL is 26 inches.

  5. #105
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Scandaltown, Ontario
    Posts
    17,064
    What's sad is that this is made by usfa and they stopped making the world's best SAA to make this instead
    Don't get bent out of shape like a Type 81 receiver... a $500 price hike on a 7.62x39 bullet hose is just the cost of 2 extra inches of DMR ad copy.

  6. #106
    CGN frequent flyer smiley1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Vancouver Island lady
    Posts
    1,360
    My guess is they won't be allowed because of all the high capacity 10/22 mags out there.
    with great power comes great responsibility.

  7. #107
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Bayerische-Kolumbien
    Posts
    426
    One question remains, does the magazine goes into the little pushka or does the little pushka goes onto the magazine?
    It's not illegal, it's just ill-liberal.

  8. #108
    BANNED 2bad4u2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    It does sometimes. For example: mounting a restricted length shotgun to a non-restricted rifle would make the entire package non-restricted. However this is a pistol and will always be restricted even if the OAL is 26 inches.
    You've lost me here. On what basis are you making this claim? I can't see how this could be interpreted this way. Have a RCMP forensics ruling to back it up?

  9. #109
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    You've lost me here. On what basis are you making this claim? I can't see how this could be interpreted this way. Have a RCMP forensics ruling to back it up?
    Ok, if you had an 8 inch norinco shotgun with a pistol grip it would be resticted (too short).... attach a buttstock and the OAL becomes +26 inches. Take the same 8 inch shotgun and attach it to a rifle and the OAL becomes +26 inches (think of the rifle as a buttstock). The reason it doesn't work with this pistol is because it is a pistol and therefore restricted regardless of barrel or over all length. Eg. the Rossi Circuit Judge.

  10. #110
    CGN frequent flyer skip1600's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Ok, if you had an 8 inch norinco shotgun with a pistol grip it would be resticted (too short).... attach a buttstock and the OAL becomes +26 inches. Take the same 8 inch shotgun and attach it to a rifle and the OAL becomes +26 inches (think of the rifle as a buttstock). The reason it doesn't work with this pistol is because it is a pistol and therefore restricted regardless of barrel or over all length. Eg. the Rossi Circuit Judge.
    With little changes they could make a SBR version.. Like the charger vs the 10/22 .. It would be cool to even mount it on a restricted rifle .. But more practical and useful if it could be mounted onto a nr rifle .. I believe to pull off this classification it would have to be perminantly mounted or at least difficult to get off.

    Isn't there a few examples of rifles and pistols using the same action and the rifles being non res.

    Like the charger or the buckmark.. Ad those are 2 off the top of my head so I'm sure there are more...

    In any event someone bring these in.. Sell them for 250 and ill buy them

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •