Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

i would mount 3 on my 10/22 rails then have 4 50 rd drums :P

all in all things pretty cool never gonna see it here though

Quote Originally Posted by armeddodge View Post
    i would mount 3 on my 10/22 rails then have 4 50 rd drums :P

all in all things pretty cool never gonna see it here though
    Why would you say that? It's a restricted handgun by feature definition - not prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by skip1600 View Post
    The more I look at them the more I want one... It would be also nice to have a rifle version... Question, if they sold some of them about a short barrelled rifle ... And in Canada you mounted it on a rail "perminantly" on a non rest gun could that count to OAL and allow the creation of a combo gun... If this is possible I would be interested at a much higher price
    No. What you're saying doesn't make sense at all. You're talking about (2) distinct firearms here. How would adding a separate firearm to anonther firearm's accessory rail change the classification of either firearm?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    No. What you're saying doesn't make sense at all. You're talking about (2) distinct firearms here. How would adding a separate firearm to anonther firearm's accessory rail change the classification of either firearm?
    It does sometimes. For example: mounting a restricted length shotgun to a non-restricted rifle would make the entire package non-restricted. However this is a pistol and will always be restricted even if the OAL is 26 inches.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    What's sad is that this is made by usfa and they stopped making the world's best SAA to make this instead
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

My guess is they won't be allowed because of all the high capacity 10/22 mags out there.
    with great power comes great responsibility.

CGN Regular
    One question remains, does the magazine goes into the little pushka or does the little pushka goes onto the magazine?
    It's not illegal, it's just ill-liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    It does sometimes. For example: mounting a restricted length shotgun to a non-restricted rifle would make the entire package non-restricted. However this is a pistol and will always be restricted even if the OAL is 26 inches.
    You've lost me here. On what basis are you making this claim? I can't see how this could be interpreted this way. Have a RCMP forensics ruling to back it up?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    You've lost me here. On what basis are you making this claim? I can't see how this could be interpreted this way. Have a RCMP forensics ruling to back it up?
    Ok, if you had an 8 inch norinco shotgun with a pistol grip it would be resticted (too short).... attach a buttstock and the OAL becomes +26 inches. Take the same 8 inch shotgun and attach it to a rifle and the OAL becomes +26 inches (think of the rifle as a buttstock). The reason it doesn't work with this pistol is because it is a pistol and therefore restricted regardless of barrel or over all length. Eg. the Rossi Circuit Judge.

Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    Ok, if you had an 8 inch norinco shotgun with a pistol grip it would be resticted (too short).... attach a buttstock and the OAL becomes +26 inches. Take the same 8 inch shotgun and attach it to a rifle and the OAL becomes +26 inches (think of the rifle as a buttstock). The reason it doesn't work with this pistol is because it is a pistol and therefore restricted regardless of barrel or over all length. Eg. the Rossi Circuit Judge.
    With little changes they could make a SBR version.. Like the charger vs the 10/22 .. It would be cool to even mount it on a restricted rifle .. But more practical and useful if it could be mounted onto a nr rifle .. I believe to pull off this classification it would have to be perminantly mounted or at least difficult to get off.

Isn't there a few examples of rifles and pistols using the same action and the rifles being non res.

Like the charger or the buckmark.. Ad those are 2 off the top of my head so I'm sure there are more...

In any event someone bring these in.. Sell them for 250 and ill buy them