SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
This is a cute little toy that is based on the Ruger 10/22 magazine.
www.usfirearms.com/
DSC_5536-1.jpg

DSC_5539-1.jpg

DSC_5538-1.jpg

Unfortunately, I did not get to see or fire it at the Media Day even, so I cannot comment on how it handles.
The one on display at the main SHOTshow did not have a mag attached, and the mag seems to serve as part of the pistol grip. Without a long mag attached, there is very little to wrap your hand around.
I was told that there was a cutaway version on display but I missed it. Apparently the bolt is made of plastic, and will need to be replaced after a few thousand rounds.
It operates on a simple blowback design, as do many .22 rimfires.

No word yet on Canadian approval or importers.

It's an interesting design. At the price, it's a low risk investment in something just a little out there.

I had a look at the website before SHOT. I did note that they clearly mention the bolt is a consumable part and needs to be periodicly guaged and replaced when needed. I assumed it was a die cast part, not plastic.

They mention in the websight that the best grip is a high hold. Done right I doubt it matters if you have a standard 10 round or a longer version.

We shall see. Odds are the RCMP Technical branch wil determine that it's a derivative of a 1919A4 and rule it a converted auto.....

Futuristic plastic guns. If you use some of the new polymer ammo, is it completely metal free? All plastic and polymer? I can see this being a problem and prohib. I like it, and like the technology. All firearms unique and rare intrigue me.

With 5.25" barrel how could they prohib this? Oh wait... Reality just told me they can do what they please consequence free. Still I'd buy 3 just for the novelty at the price I saw in the picture. Very innovative.

Also. As a pistol... Would a 25 round 10/22 mag be allowed in this thing? I assume the ruger charger faced the same issue. What was the ruling?

If it were imported, In Canada, pistols are limited to 10rds rimfire or not.

The Ruger BX-25 Magazine is prohibited in Canada unless pinned to 10rds simply because it says it fits the Charger pistol.

If it were imported, In Canada, pistols are limited to 10rds rimfire or not.

The Ruger BX-25 Magazine is prohibited in Canada unless pinned to 10rds simply because it says it fits the Charger pistol.

While this might be technically true, if the standard 10/22 25 round mags fit in it (which they will) then it's perfectly acceptable and legal to run them.

-Scott

right right right.... I think I see where you guys are going with this. Now only if the thing isn't deemed prohib, which I have a feeling it would be, likely for no particular legitimate reason other than they feel just like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom