Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

This is a cute little toy that is based on the Ruger 10/22 magazine.
    www.usfirearms.com/

Unfortunately, I did not get to see or fire it at the Media Day even, so I cannot comment on how it handles.
    The one on display at the main SHOTshow did not have a mag attached, and the mag seems to serve as part of the pistol grip. Without a long mag attached, there is very little to wrap your hand around.
    I was told that there was a cutaway version on display but I missed it. Apparently the bolt is made of plastic, and will need to be replaced after a few thousand rounds.
    It operates on a simple blowback design, as do many .22 rimfires.

No word yet on Canadian approval or importers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Awesome.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canuck223's Avatar
    It's an interesting design. At the price, it's a low risk investment in something just a little out there.

I had a look at the website before SHOT. I did note that they clearly mention the bolt is a consumable part and needs to be periodicly guaged and replaced when needed. I assumed it was a die cast part, not plastic.

They mention in the websight that the best grip is a high hold. Done right I doubt it matters if you have a standard 10 round or a longer version.

We shall see. Odds are the RCMP Technical branch wil determine that it's a derivative of a 1919A4 and rule it a converted auto.....

Futuristic plastic guns. If you use some of the new polymer ammo, is it completely metal free? All plastic and polymer? I can see this being a problem and prohib. I like it, and like the technology. All firearms unique and rare intrigue me.
    -SideBurnz-

CGN Regular
    amazing.
    seems like it should be the prize in a corn flakes box.
    i love it.

Very cool. For about $200, that's a no-brainer, even if just to support a company doing something new.
    "However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

CGN Ultra frequent flyer MrSchultz's Avatar
    I still can't figure out how to hold it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike Oxbig's Avatar
    Ugly and useless, yet for some reason I want to buy 5 of them at that price! Nice to see that innovation is still alive in the gun business.

I really want one of these... Fingers crossed
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

cool...i would get one....lol

Page 1 of 13 12345678911 ... LastLast