Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

this little jewel will never hit the canadian market I'll bet my PAL on it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ciphery's Avatar
    The ergonomics are horrendous. There is a spot for your index finger (obviously), middle finger and that's it. MY hand is not built at right angles, and although it is advertised as being ambidextrous, I wouldn't want shells hitting my index finger/thumb web.
    How do you adjust its trajectory as an under slung AR attachment?
    What merits are in a 4" barreled carbine you can only take to the range?
    They have an interchangeable sight rail,Why not interchangeable palm swell to improve grip?
    The fact that its being advertised as taking 25 round mags should be enough to keep it out of Canada.
    Bet a ton of them are sold to teenagers that don't know crap about instinctive or deliberate shooting.....because they LOOk cool. Functionality is a distant second.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 2strklvr View Post
    Not exactly. If for instance if Butler creek advertised thier 25 round mags as being for the Ruger Charger then they would be considered prohibited device's. Just like the OEM Ruger BX25 mags. Never underestimate the power's that be abilty to use nuance and free-handed interpretation of the law to forward thier agenda. I suspect that Ruger Charger's in themselve's aren't such a big concern. Where do you even buy one in Canada? How many have you ever seen at the range? And realistically isn't it just a fugly, factory chopped rimfire rifle? A small, cheap polymer pistol with a hundred time's more mass appeal than the Charger is a different story altogether. Tell me I'm wrong.
    You are wrong. The laws don't change simply because the RCMP feel like it. Magazines designed for the Ruger 10/22 rifle only will always have unlimited capacity until an act is passed in parliament.

I want one, if they don't prohib them

Quote Originally Posted by 2bad4u2 View Post
    Ok. You're wrong. Butler Creeks were designed and intended for Ruger 10/22's decades before the introduction of the Charger pistol. Regardless of what the packaging said, the mags were originally designed for a rifle they happen to fit a pistol. Same fuzzy logic the RCMP have been using all along.
    If you think for a minute that any magazine in excess of 10 rounds that marketed as fitting the Charger pistol would be allowed in Canada, then you are sorely mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by ciphery View Post
    The fact that its being advertised as taking 25 round mags should be enough to keep it out of Canada.
    That has been my point all along. Thank-you.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadgo View Post
    You are wrong. The laws don't change simply because the RCMP feel like it. Magazines designed for the Ruger 10/22 rifle only will always have unlimited capacity until an act is passed in parliament.
    I am not arguing that 10/22 mags will "alway's" be unlimited in capacity as you stated. However IMHO because this pistol has the potential to become a cheap and popular loophole to our pistol mag limit laws, I believe that rather than try to put the magazine genie back into the bottle like they did with the S&W MP15-22 (which would be near impossible with 10/22 mags), they will just find a reason to prohibit the pistol.

If you agree with ciphery then perhaps you can tell us why they allow any Glock 9mm pistol into Canada that can readily accept 33rd. G18 mags. Using your thought process, they should be banned as well but are not. Another example, and handgun that can accept double stack mags wouldn't be allowable either, however, they clearly are.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    Blah blah blah. Wow, this place is really full of arguements lately. A thread can't go 20 posts without an ethics issue, tin foil hat comment, or law depate.

Neat idea, I hope they get it. I'll reserve judgement on how it feels or shoots until I shoot one. That cocking rod should be slightly reworked though.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 5440fight's Avatar
    I mean I hope we get it. Oh heck, they way things could go down south, I hope they get it too.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

If this thing gets OK'ed id buy it in a heartbeat.

WTF that thing is real?!
    I saw that on a youtube page, but no description.
    I thought it was a toy gun, I expected one of those orange caps on it