Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 ZiP gun, from US Firearms

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by eureka283 View Post
    Sorry Gents.

To put it in another way, it's sad that USFA have moved away from the SAA pistols which were of high quality. I've seen on YouTube the less than flattering results of the ZIP in action. Misfeeds galore. I also can't see a financially-troubled company expanding such a product into Canada. My use of the word ZIP had to do with the chances of Canadians having this gun for sale up here. You might try to purchase the ZIP directly from USFA, but will time be of the essence, and would they sell directly to a customer?

The ZIP reminds me of when my dad bought the Lada car, when it first arrived in Canada from the Soviet Union. He regretted buying that piece of junk.

Cheers,

Bill
    You mean with the magazines they specifically said it would misfeed with because the springs in the mags can't keep up with the cycling of the firearm? Yeah, odd that it would misfeed with those.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDL View Post
    You mean with the magazines they specifically said it would misfeed with because the springs in the mags can't keep up with the cycling of the firearm? Yeah, odd that it would misfeed with those.
    This.

The gun is brand new and it has been mentioned it wont work with certain mags until the springs are out for it.

Apparently it works fine with normal 10 round 10/22 mags and CCI ammo.

I still want one, so now lets just find a retailer to bring them in.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer chichichichi's Avatar
    Any company looking to bring these in?
    "After the period of sort of inflated expectations and hype, people start looking more critically at what the costs really are, what the limitations really are, what it really can do, really can't do, what the unintended consequences are, etc., and start to bring their expectations more in line with the reality."

Wendy Cukier

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rc_p120's Avatar
    So do these still suck or has there been any new developments?

I'd have to say that I'm not impressed with the new toy. I was at Epps today, and the same comment was made.

Nothing beats the SAA revolvers that they once made. Having said that, I'll probably put mine up for sale (again). I took it off the CGN site recently, but what the hell......you can't keep everything forever.

Cheers,

Bill

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213