SHOT SHOW 2013 high tech air rifle pellets

tootall

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Everything else seems to be getting more high-tech, so it should be no surprise that air rifle ammo is going the same way.

H&N has a new pellet called the Hornet that features a tiny brass penetrator housed in a traditional lead body. The brass insert is very sharp.

DSC_5556_zpsb136cb70.jpg

DSC_5303.jpg

(the tin on the left is also new, but not high-tech so i didnt make notes on it. Just a heavy pellet, at 16 grains)

Gamo also has a two-part pellet called the Lethal. However their model is has a blunt steel alloy core within a polymer skirt. It is lighter than the standard lead .177 pellet, at 5.56 grains each. Gamo claims it will pierce a steel sheet of 0.06", or 1.5mm
They do not say at what velocity, though.

DSC_5390.jpg

DSC_5391.jpg

Pretty cool

I remember as a kid, my dad used to work at a hardware store (the good old kind of hardware store with guns and ammo).

We used to have these pellets called Prometheus Pellets. There were a plastic lined bullet with a penetrator. This was back in the early 90s.

I see they still make them:

Hey were a great pellet and took down a few crows.

22promethus.jpg

I haven't fired a pellet gun in years but the plastic lined bullets were very good as they plugged the barrel a bit better allowing more air to stay behind the pellet as it left the barrel.

those apparently add 200ish fps, if you shoot them out of the 495ers you technically need a pal to do so

I haven't seen the plastic lined pellets since I was in England in the early 80's. I remeber my uncle getting us to find all the plastic jackets so we could use them again. It's amazing to see them again.

Back
Top Bottom