Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 PolyCase polymer cased pistol ammo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Waynetheman's Avatar
    Interesting product. But was 45acp ever a NATO round? As I understand it though it was used by military's there is no "NATO" designation or version of it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Keebler750's Avatar
    Brass is very attractive for pricing when reloaded. Consider the number of cycles you get out of one piece of brass. Therefore, this poly case has to be cheaper than that per use price to be competitive for reloaders. For production ammo, however, it may have immediate benefits.

I sure wouldn't want to have to invest in new reloading gear to deal with the poly if I could help it, but it would probably be just a set of dies.

I'd be interested in knowing some of the tech details such as reliability of the head staying attached to the rest of the case.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see but it is pretty cool to see innovations like this.

Seems like it would blow out cases in a barrel that wasnt fully supported... Pretty cool idea though

I've only found such ammo online sourced in the US. I'd like to have some for 45acp and 9mm luger, but I don't want to get stuck with import cramps.

Interesting, although unless it's substantially cheaper then normal brass cased ammo I don't see it catching on.
    Copper is trading for a ridiculous amount per ton and with the demand for it still heavily increasing brass isn't getting any cheaper, so who knows, we might be seeing a lot more of this in the future.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer JR Hartman's Avatar
    if its cheaper, and works really well, then yes, I'm all over it in 9x19. Or if they want to call it 9mm Luger or 9mm Parabellum I don't care

If you could get in in 1000 round packs for less than $200, it would be cheap enough even if it wasn't reloadable. cheaper than .22mag

I think I'd give it a shot, just for the sake of trying something new

Quote Originally Posted by Keebler750 View Post

I'd be interested in knowing some of the tech details such as reliability of the head staying attached to the rest of the case.
    when I was at the range, someone was trying to rip out the aluminum extractor rim.
    No luck pulling it free, even with Leatherman pliers.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stevebot-7's Avatar
    Very interesting. Would be fun to see a comprehensive test once this case gets geared up for American production, especially to see how hot that black polymer will get in the sun, and how well it deals with cold, and if there's a definitive cook-off point.

I am surprised and disappointed that Magpul is not the one bringing this to the market.
    Death comes by subtle means; the satisfaction of routine.
    Lifetime member of CSSA and NFA.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jeffcarr88's Avatar
    Cool...I enjoy seeing/reading about innovations

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast