Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Private Sale for Restricted Firearm Question/Help!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Silveragent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soninlaw View Post
    What's the accepted practice among people trading restricted firearms regarding the timing of payment?
    As the seller I do not do a single thing until I get confirmed payment. If there is some bureaucratic snafu I will cross that bridge when I get to it. Other than that, why worry? The first roadblock is the CFO transfer. It hasn't happened yet. And if it does funds can be given back but a transfer/firearm cannot easily be given back.
    ---
    Home club : PCDHFC, shoots IPSC, black rifles, hunts badly

I'm a little confused as well. I'm a collector. All my firearms are rifles atm because I have no desire to own a club membership and would probably go there twice maybe 3 times a year. Cant I just tell them I'm a collector and not have to shell out 400$ for a gun club membership that I'll never use?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jessejames77 View Post
    I'm a little confused as well. I'm a collector. All my firearms are rifles atm because I have no desire to own a club membership and would probably go there twice maybe 3 times a year. Cant I just tell them I'm a collector and not have to shell out 400$ for a gun club membership that I'll never use?
    Maybe. If your CFO recognizes you as a collector, your CFO may approve additional firearms to form part of your collection. It's up to your CFO (although you may have a brief window of time to appeal any refusal to a judge).
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg

FWIW, I was speaking to the owner of a LGS about this and they also told me that in Ontario you do not have to belong to a club in order to purchase a restricted firearm, though it does apparently speed things along.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123