Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot Show 2013: Sig MPX

CGN Regular
    NR barrel length carbine please!!

wow is a beautiful firearm
    GO NAVY!

No semi-auto is planned for now. LE/Mil only.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by alpha niner View Post
    Where did you find THESE prices???
    These are the USA MSRP prices. As you can see there are 3 semi-auto models available. A pistol variant with 6.5" barrel that has no stock, although you can add one later. An SBR (short barrel rifle) with 6.5" barrel, pretty much a standard MPX but in semi. And a carabine version that has the same 6.5" barrel but with permanently attached muzzle break that gives it a 16" overall barrel length and the ability to convert to integrally suppressed via an NFA registered slip-on sleeve. To correct greentips, these are available in semi-auto. With the pistol and 16" barrel carbine versions they are clearly aiming for the USA civilian market. My guess is they did not want to call extra attention to themselves with the current political climate so they decided to focus on MIL/LEO with the initial marketing push.

Also you can go from one configuration to another by swapping a few parts. For example you can go from the MPX to the MPX-K by simply changing to the 4.5" barrel and shorter rail. The lower receiver and upper receiver are identical on all versions. Switching configurations is as simple as popping in a new barrel and rail. Same goes for stock, going from telescoping to side folding is as easy as sliding off the old stock from the rear rail and sliding on a new one.

The fire control group is AR/M16 so you will be able to use aftermarket AR triggers which is a bonus. Also the difference between semi auto and full auto will be in the lower receiver. The full auto variants have an extra hole drilled for the auto sear in the lower receiver just like full auto M16s. This design can not be easily converted to full auto by swapping parts (e.g. SCAR) and is identical to all the M16/ARs on the market already. It should be approved for sale in Canada. Whether they see this as a restricted AR variant is a whole other question. I for one do not care too much as I have no interest in an MPX with a non-restricted barrel.

CGN Regular
    WOW!! This has sexxxxxxx appeal!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Pure Energy's Avatar
    This is pistol cal only though right, not actual .223, it is just convertible to other pistol rounds? Still a nice looking piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Proutfoo
    having your picture in the paper with a medal around your neck holding a folding stock, pistol-gripped, shotgun with mag extension is a feat in itself

Quote Originally Posted by rotncore View Post
    NR barrel length carbine please!!
    This. Bring in the braked version but with 18.5".

CGN Regular
    Does anyone know if these have been approved for Canada yet? I love the look of the mpx-c with the huge brake, but I'm curious if that might be an issue since it looks easily converted to a suppressor (as designed).

If they do end up here, hopefully there will be 10 round pistol mags specifically, that we can use on the carbines. Otherwise I don't see the point of spending what I'm sure is a significant amount of money for 5 rounds of pistol calibre.

Ya...pretty interested to see when/if we can get these up here.

CGN Regular
    I would love one of these since it's pretty similar ergonomics, look/feel to the mp5.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast