SHOT SHOW REPORT 2013: ATI Stock for Benelli M4 and Halo Sidel Saddle for Mossberg

greentips

Administrator
Moderating Team
Rating - 100%
261   0   0
I caught this at the Benelli booth. Let's be honest here, the pistol gripped collapsible stocks on all benelli Shotguns (including the M4 and Super Nova) suck. They are slow to deploy. The pistol grip is too thick. The cheek position only works with the longest and second longest setting with iron sight.

So Benelli USA has asked ATI to design a new collapsible stock. I am happy to report that this one actually works. Right now only the M4 version is going to be made, but sounds like super nova will get one down the road. In the future, we may see Benelli come with the ATI stock instead of its own. ATI will be selling the stock on its own as well as a "pimped up" package including the heat shield.

8399804847_71f1136858_b.jpg

8399803215_fe587e7729_b.jpg

8399804683_8b79f1c79a_b.jpg

Down the aisle is the Halo side saddle for the Mossberg - the pictures say a thousand words. The mossberg receiver is tapped and drilled already so this is a no gunsmith job to attach the saddle.

8400893438_6830980f5f_b.jpg

8399804589_1500774dae_b.jpg

Kind of intrigued with that stock and PG.

I ended up making my own fibreglass cloth cheek piece (5 layers and some filler in between to smooth it out) for an ultra low profile one, just to get a strait-back and low fit. Very comfortable to use in the middle position, but again just a home DIY job.

This also gives the Americans more US made parts for their 922r parts count, they need I believe 5 US made parts to get past the non sporting import clause. As of right now they have: buttstock, pistol grip, handguard, magazine tube, magazine follower, which should do it.

I've been totally underwhelmed by the quality of materials used in the ATI products that I've had. It's one thing to spend a few bucks on a toy-quality bolt-on goodie for a 10/22, H&R or SKS that is used as a range queen/plinker. It's something else altogether to stick the same crappy stuff on a serious, quality piece like the M4. I would have to take a good, hard look at this stock before considering it for this purpose. Hopefully ATI is capable of producing higher quality products with significantly better durability than the ones I've seen so far.

I don't find anything wrong with the factory collapsible stocks, but its nice to see that ATI is starting to move up the quality ladder.

I agree, as long as that's what we are seeing...but if it's Benelli going down a few rungs, that would be a shame.

If that stock is a typical ATI product, and you buy an M4 so equipped, you will look at the receipt, handle the stock for a few seconds...and you wil be PISSED OFF.

I've been totally underwhelmed by the quality of materials used in the ATI products that I've had. It's one thing to spend a few bucks on a toy-quality bolt-on goodie for a 10/22, H&R or SKS that is used as a range queen/plinker. It's something else altogether to stick the same crappy stuff on a serious, quality piece like the M4. I would have to take a good, hard look at this stock before considering it for this purpose. Hopefully ATI is capable of producing higher quality products with significantly better durability than the ones I've seen so far.

This exactly. I can't begin to imagine spending that kind of cash on a Benelli with an ATI stock. Those heat shields and mag tube pic rails look like something out of the Cabela's catalogue.

I corresponded with Jen at ATI about these stocks before I bought my M4 Super 90 recently out of curiosity. The adjustable cheek is what interested me.

She indicated that LOP on these will be "roughly 11.5-14 inches…" and when asked if this will replace a collapsible stock on a Super 90 she indicated "M4 only".

This leads me to believe that this will not work on Canadian Super 90's with collapsible stocks but will work with US M4s with solid buttstocks/pistol grips?

Anyway, saw this and thought I'd pass-on what little I know about them...

I don't have a problem with the grip or the stock on my m4 with side armor rail system on it. Yes its kind of useless in the shortest collapsed setting but I've shot it fine in both 3rd and 2nd. I think the shortest is more for transportaion only.

I do like the look of that ati stock though. And it does look easier to adjuster. The factory one can be a bit of a ##### at times. If the quality was good and price was right I'd consider it.

Back
Top Bottom