Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW REPORT 2013: ATI Stock for Benelli M4 and Halo Sidel Saddle for Mossberg

SHOT SHOW REPORT 2013: ATI Stock for Benelli M4 and Halo Sidel Saddle for Mossberg

I caught this at the Benelli booth. Let's be honest here, the pistol gripped collapsible stocks on all benelli Shotguns (including the M4 and Super Nova) suck. They are slow to deploy. The pistol grip is too thick. The cheek position only works with the longest and second longest setting with iron sight.

So Benelli USA has asked ATI to design a new collapsible stock. I am happy to report that this one actually works. Right now only the M4 version is going to be made, but sounds like super nova will get one down the road. In the future, we may see Benelli come with the ATI stock instead of its own. ATI will be selling the stock on its own as well as a "pimped up" package including the heat shield.

Down the aisle is the Halo side saddle for the Mossberg - the pictures say a thousand words. The mossberg receiver is tapped and drilled already so this is a no gunsmith job to attach the saddle.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Kind of intrigued with that stock and PG.

I ended up making my own fibreglass cloth cheek piece (5 layers and some filler in between to smooth it out) for an ultra low profile one, just to get a strait-back and low fit. Very comfortable to use in the middle position, but again just a home DIY job.

This also gives the Americans more US made parts for their 922r parts count, they need I believe 5 US made parts to get past the non sporting import clause. As of right now they have: buttstock, pistol grip, handguard, magazine tube, magazine follower, which should do it.

! Finally! A collapsable shotgun stock i actually want!

I like that Pic.Rail on the front in the second pic.

I've been totally underwhelmed by the quality of materials used in the ATI products that I've had. It's one thing to spend a few bucks on a toy-quality bolt-on goodie for a 10/22, H&R or SKS that is used as a range queen/plinker. It's something else altogether to stick the same crappy stuff on a serious, quality piece like the M4. I would have to take a good, hard look at this stock before considering it for this purpose. Hopefully ATI is capable of producing higher quality products with significantly better durability than the ones I've seen so far.

Pretty nice looking
    GO NAVY!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    I've been totally underwhelmed by the quality of materials used in the ATI products that I've had.
    This.

I would never put something like that on my M4. I find this stuff to be a little on the tacticool side.

My M2 and Super Nova have needs.
    "Successful outcomes breed bulls**t solutions." - Paul Gomez

“Our main agenda is to have ALL guns banned. We must use whatever means possible. It doesn't matter if you have to distort facts or even lie.” - Sarah Brady

want!!!

I don't find anything wrong with the factory collapsible stocks, but its nice to see that ATI is starting to move up the quality ladder.
    Canada is done, save the West.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast