Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 REPORT: Trackingpoint Precision Guided Firearm

why would the electronic trigger be an issue of concern? they already exist in firearms used in ISSF shooting sports.
    HAZAA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    Having said that, I had a private conversation with a well known name former sniper (There were at least 3 famous name snipers at SHOT, and I briefly spoke to 2) who said flat out that this will not be adopted by military, as military does not want to become so dependent on funky technology. Just a thought for those that say this has no place in civilian sales.
    I would take their comments with a grain of salt. DARPA has been studying similar technology for many years now, and while a lot of what they work on never makes it into a soldier's hands, some does. Especially if it really works.
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Yikes! Now if I can only get that option in my next Halo game!

This would be a perfect weapon system mounted on ATV drones contoled remotely. I can see a huge potential and benifits of this system for government use if nothing else for use for EOD or an air dropped drone in a location people weren't supposed to be in the first place.

Too advanced for the army? Lol.
    -SideBurnz-

very interesting. how big do the targets have to be for it to properly track right? and also how much contrast? would it track a coyote?
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

very interesting. how big do the targets have to be for it to properly track right? and also how much contrast? would it track a gopher?
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbush View Post
    very interesting. how big do the targets have to be for it to properly track right? and also how much contrast? would it track a coyote?
    The president of the company seems to think so.

"Imagine taking out a coyote on the move at 1,200 yards," said Schauble. "With TrackingPoint, this is now possible for anyone."
    "There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the frightened, thoughtless search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own ..." - The Twilight Zone

CGN Regular
    I think we're only seeing the very beginning of systems like this. In the future you'll see systems like this much smaller, easier to use and more accurate.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    It would be interesting to know what would happened if the "painted spot" broke line of sight, say walking behind a tree, I suspect the target would have to be set again.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast