Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW 2013 REPORT: Remington 783 rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    i have no interest in it but i guess it fills a supposed niche for a budget hunting rifle

what i want is them to bring back varmint rifles with real stocks on them like the VS/LVSF of old instead of all these plastic stocked "varmint" rifles
    #torontoexit

CGN Regular
    I have a crazy idea........How bout gun makers stop making the cheapest crap they possibly can, and start making good rifles for a reasonable price.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hard to tell from that picture, but does the action look 788'ish to you? If so, I am buying one (or two)...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Looks kind of nice for a budget rifle....I think I'll try one in 7 mag once they are in local stores!! Street price will probably be under 400.00

Seems Savage, Mossberg, Marlin and Remington are all using the SAME action and just putting their own little twist on it. If this is indeed the case (which seems from first glance) Why all the bashing...everyone loves the Savage Axis!!! Be happy the 770 is gone and new shooters have access to a much nicer version of a Savage!!!

any idea when it will be available up here?

well the 770 was....junk, this looks pretty much the same. Remington needs to fire the drunk clown that keeps designing this trash!!!

CGN Regular
    The one thing that you can't tell from the picture is the quality. I bought a 700 SPS in 223rem and it required a lot of work to become a nice rifle. The two things that stood out most is the chamber needed to be polished due to a wierd bump that showed on the fired case, and the feed rails needed to be polished so they didn't destroy my cases. These things shouldn't pass any inspection.

Is there anyone here who has field tested this rifle and has an actual review of it other than judging "the book by its cover"? Looking for a budget rifle for the wife and a local gunsmith has offered this one and a ruger american both with a scope for $425. We looked at a remington 770 yesterday, used with a scope for $350. The bolt was sloppy (as per usual) but she liked the feel of the butt when sholdered. She tried the savage axis and just couldn't get it to sit right. If it wasn't for that bolt the remington 770 would be in our gun case right now.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by mike shickele View Post
    The one thing that you can't tell from the picture is the quality. I bought a 700 SPS in 223rem and it required a lot of work to become a nice rifle. The two things that stood out most is the chamber needed to be polished due to a wierd bump that showed on the fired case, and the feed rails needed to be polished so they didn't destroy my cases. These things shouldn't pass any inspection.
    I was looking at that thanks for the heads up..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast